Man what a difference

• Thread starter Douglas Potter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All it has on the back are where I plugged in the foot switch and two empty effects plugs so a total of three slots CORRECTION one is effects return and one is effects send
they are both unused all I am using is the foot switch
want to hookup a beat buddy in the future

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Can I hook the Amp up to a 4x12 and run it with all 6 speakers? and how do I do it?
You could install a switch, & a jack for an external 4x12 cabinet, but I wouldn't bother. At 100 watts, 2 12s should be all the volume you'll really need

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Before long, you'll understand that you don't need many guitars, but you do need many amps.

I went through the phase of having different owning amps (still have them) : Mesa-Boogie, Marshall, Carvin, Fender, Peavey and other various amps.
Backing in 2012, I bought a Digitech 2112 SGS . I programed some patches on it to simulate my Fender Princeton, Twin Reverb, Bassman, VHT Pitbull, Marshall JCM 800, MODE 4, Mesa Boogie Mark 3,4,5 , Carvin X-100 B, V3 , Peavey Triple XXX, JSX and others
Not more lugging around 4 + amps around.

IGRocker

Reaction score
I went through the phase of having different owning amps (still have them) : Mesa-Boogie, Marshall, Carvin, Fender, Peavey and other various amps.
Backing in 2012, I bought a Digitech 2112 SGS . I programed some patches on it to simulate my Fender Princeton, Twin Reverb, Bassman, VHT Pitbull, Marshall JCM 800, MODE 4, Mesa Boogie Mark 3,4,5 , Carvin X-100 B, V3 , Peavey Triple XXX, JSX and others
Not more lugging around 4 + amps around.

I'm just the opposite. I have a modeler and realized that I'd be completely happy with two amps:

Vox AC30+chorus, reverb, and a mild distortion pedals

Marshall 1959 (or similar) set to mild gain so I can clean it up with my guitar volume, a boost for solos/heavy stuff, reverb, and delay

Just two amps and a couple FX pedals to get the job done and it's about perfect!

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
I'm just the opposite. I have a modeler and realized that I'd be completely happy with two amps:

Marshall 1959 (or similar) set to mild gain so I can clean it up with my guitar volume, a boost for solos/heavy stuff, reverb, and delay

Just two amps and a couple FX pedals to get the job done and it's about perfect!
Pretty amazing what a couple of good amps can do eh?

IGRocker

Reaction score
Pretty amazing what a couple of good amps can do eh?
That's basically the set up I have on my Boss GT-6 right now. 1= Vox clean, 2= Vox chorus, 3= mid gain Marshall, and 4= boosted Marshall. I really don't use anything else, except a wah on very rare occasions for some covers.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score

I ordered two 12AX7 tubes from Euro Tubes for my 1997 Digitech 2112 SGS. I ordered the gold legged tube that are ultra hot. The 2112 has both tube and analog type dual signal paths that I can combine or put run together or run just only one preamp type.
I like the 2112 with the tubes, to my ears, there is nothing more dynamic and majestic like those primitive tubes burning those carbons, responding to the tone / volume knobs and picking dynamics.
Amp Modelling lacks those characteristics that tubes give.

Latest posts