My pride and joy.....

• Thread starter The Grey Strummer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Grey Strummer

Reaction score
Hi everyone ....
I joined the forum last year, and just thought I'd post an image of my pride and joy. Since I bought this Les Paul Studio from Thomann of Germany last year, I have converted it using the Jimmy Page 21 Tone modification. I used the normal 4 push-pull switches, and also installed a set of Seymour Duncan "Whole Lotta Humbucker" (SH2 & SH4) pick-ups and a Wilkinson roller bridge. I polished it off with a set of 0.09-0.42mm Ernie Ball strings ...... it sounds fantastic!!!

SAM_0008.JPG SAM_0008.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_0011.JPG
    SAM_0011.JPG
    460.5 KB · Views: 14
  • SAM_0010.JPG
    SAM_0010.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 12

eS.G.

Reaction score
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET ARSE AXE!!!!!! Love it.
GREAT mods!
Well done

SylenCommando

Reaction score
Hi everyone ....
I joined the forum last year, and just thought I'd post an image of my pride and joy. Since I bought this Les Paul Studio from Thomann of Germany last year, I have converted it using the Jimmy Page 21 Tone modification. I used the normal 4 push-pull switches, and also installed a set of Seymour Duncan "Whole Lotta Humbucker" (SH2 & SH4) pick-ups and a Wilkinson roller bridge. I polished it off with a set of 0.09-0.42mm Ernie Ball strings ...... it sounds fantastic!!!

View attachment 1923 View attachment 1923
Did you upgrade, your tuners, bridge or tail piece, Switch,Jack?

StringmanK

Reaction score
Not normally a fan of gold, but man it looks sweeeet on that ax! That is truly a beautiful guitar. Did you wire your own 21 tone mod, or buy one of the harnesses from Jonesey? Which settings do you find most useful? I have split coils and have toyed with the idea of adding some additional options, but I don't know if I'd use all 21. The possibilities are mind blowing.

The Grey Strummer

Reaction score
Not normally a fan of gold, but man it looks sweeeet on that ax! That is truly a beautiful guitar. Did you wire your own 21 tone mod, or buy one of the harnesses from Jonesey? Which settings do you find most useful? I have split coils and have toyed with the idea of adding some additional options, but I don't know if I'd use all 21. The possibilities are mind blowing.
Hi .... and thanks!!
I wired my own. I found a site called Breja ToneWorks (https://www.youtube.com/user/BrejaToneWorks), and followed his wiring scheme. Believe it or not, all the hardware in that image was silver, must have been a trick of the light? I have since changed the P/U's for Seymour Duncan "Whole Lotta Humbuckers" (SH2/SH4), and the bridge for a Wilkinson roller version. I obtained the push/pulls from Amazon.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Hi .... and thanks!!
I wired my own. I found a site called Breja ToneWorks (https://www.youtube.com/user/BrejaToneWorks), and followed his wiring scheme. Believe it or not, all the hardware in that image was silver, must have been a trick of the light? I have since changed the P/U's for Seymour Duncan "Whole Lotta Humbuckers" (SH2/SH4), and the bridge for a Wilkinson roller version. I obtained the push/pulls from Amazon.
I thought the sh2 jazz/sh4 JB was the Hotrodded set
The WLH set is SH 18
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour...599466922-sku^1361806817425@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

wildeman

Reaction score
Nice Paul, alot of cool mods. I love my Epi Paul.

Latest posts