NAD: How is this possible for such a tiny amp?! Mooer Hornet 05i

• Thread starter littlebadboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Actually, it's a tiny amp. I have been eyeing this little amp for a while. I do not have any physical guitar amplifiers anymore as I use plugins. But, I needed a smaller amp for noodling around wherever I am around the house, and this fit my needs. I was able to gather Amazon gift cards to get one!

My quick raw demo of the Mooer Hornet 05i, using my phone to record video and audio on my PRS S2 Darth Paul:

From Mooer's website:
*Digital modeling amplifier based on the MOOER Intelligent AMP System.
*52 amp models created with MNRS technology, and 49 classic and experimental effects.
*5-watt D class amplifier with a two-inch loudspeaker.
*40 drum machine varieties and 10 metronomes.
*80-second looper that can sync with the drum machine.
*Comes with tuner for tuning your instrument easily.
*Rechargeable battery with up to 5 hours battery life.
*Specialized MOOER iAMP APP for complete effects editing, firmware updates, and the ability to upload/download tones from MOOER Cloud.
*Support for wireless footswitch control.
*Bluetooth 5.0 high-quality audio input for audio playback or practice.
*USB-C port for high-quality audio recording and playback

My thoughts:

It is very loud for such a small amp! It sounds awesome just like the reviews out there say. I can control and save presets via Bluetooth on my phone. I really like its small factor so I can play and noodle around anywhere in the house.

I will make a better demo soon.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Lots of the new multi effects units, rack unit and even mini amps, most of the work is done for you already, about 75 to 90% done, right out of the box.

On lots of the older multi effects units, rack units, as with analog pedals, you have to build the great sounds, tone and dynamics from the ground up.
Spark , Nux and other mini amps are simply amazing !!!!

Latest posts