New 339

• Thread starter Jon Kerr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Kerr

Reaction score
So I sold a couple of things off and picked up a 339. Great deal listed as used. I can’t see where it’s even been played. Still had the plastic on the pick guard and pickups. Needed a bit of setup help but otherwise it plays pretty good. And I actually really like the size.

But there’s something odd on the label inside with the serial number. Anyone ever seen this? I’m guessing it may have been a refurb or something. 2024 serial number put over the original? I’m not concerned. Just curious.

IMG_7949.jpeg
IMG_7947.jpeg

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I have one just like it. And yes it's been refurbished possibly by MIRC in Nashville which would make sense since Epiphone is also located in Nashville. I doubt anyone could tell most of their refurbed guitars from new if it were not for the change in serial number or the "used" stamp some manufacturers require them to put on the guitar.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That’s what I figured. I forgot to mention the listing did say it was a 2020. So when I went to record the serial number for my records and saw that, the fact it looked brand new made more sense.
Glad you got one. IMHO they hit way above their weight. Epi is producing some great guitars in China.

Jon Kerr

Reaction score
Yeah it’s always been a model I just didn’t pay much attention to. I have 3 full size simi hollows (335, 355, and a Sheraton) and a handful of Les Pauls. I was thinking about what I wanted to replace a couple of things I sold looking at my wall and thought “that Les Paul sized ES would if in nicely right there.” Lol.

IMG_7951.jpeg

I played a Custom Shop Gibson in a local shop and really liked it. I mean really liked it a lot. It was relatively cheap for a Custom Shop because of a nasty ding in the binding and a little into the wood on the bottom. But even being a great deal, can’t really drop $1500 on another guitar I don’t really need right now. (blasphemy! I know. You always need one more 😉) But if I hadn’t just started a new tattoo project I would have brought that home. So I saw this on Reverb for $350, I jumped on it.

Daz84

Reaction score
Nice ES-339… congrats, looks good with witch hats. Cool collection of Epiphones you have there

Latest posts