New to me

• Thread starter freezie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

freezie

Reaction score
IMG_0066.JPG Hi everyone , long story short , I played for a few years in my early 20's (45. Now) I quit when I severed the tendons on my left pinky . Years later I had a second surgery which left one tendon in that pinky , but freed it up from being seized . Well I got the itch again so I picked up a prophecy ex a few days ago , so I've been just running up and down the fretboard trying to get some strength back and have been really enjoying it . Here's a pic !

BGood

Reaction score
Unusual looking LP, I like it.
And welcome to the zoo freezie.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Welcome to Epi-Talk and welcome back to guitars. The Prophecy is a nice way to get your feet we again :). What are you playing through, not the pinball machine I hope?

freezie

Reaction score
Thanks guys , I picked up a used spider 4 , Good starting point as I will keep watching the used ads for an upgrade along the way . Loving the prophecy so far ! My pinky is surprising me so far , definitely weak as they all are , but they will come back! (Pinball machines are my other hobby)

BGood

Reaction score
Thanks guys , I picked up a used spider 4 , Good starting point as I will keep watching the used ads for an upgrade along the way . Loving the prophecy so far ! My pinky is surprising me so far , definitely weak as they all are , but they will come back! (Pinball machines are my other hobby)
Toggle the pinball with your pinkies, it should strengthen them.

KevinV

Reaction score
Hey freezie,

Welcome from another new forum member. I can relate to your plight to some degree. I broke my left hand last year and it didn't heal right. My little finger is a bit deformed now and pains easily. I wasn't able to fret properly so I moved over to the Hammond organ for the past year. I just recently tried playing guitar again and found that by dropping from 11's down to 7's or 8's, I can now manage my way around the fretboard again. If you haven't tried lighter strings it might be worth a try...it worked for me. It feels good to be back at it.

eS.G.

Reaction score
Welcome SWEET AXE!
Practice --- practice -- practice........ its just pure fun :)

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Welcome aboard freezie, congrats on the new to you Prophecy.
Glad you decided to join us, & a +1 on lighter gauge strings, till you build up your strength.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
What do you mean until ? He'll keep playing light gauge forever. I know I wouldn't go fatter than the 9's I'm using. Why suffer ?
Well, some people prefer heavier gauge strings (he hasn't mentioned what gauge he used to use), & some get along fine with lighter strings. It's really a preference thing, the difference in tone is negligible.
I only +1 the comment as it will help build finger strength, in the event that he played/preferred heavier strings before his accident.

freezie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys , years ago I played with 11's , so I went with 10's and have already dropped to 9's they feel better .

Latest posts