Newbie Here w/Emperor & LPs

• Thread starter Eagle 56
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle 56

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been playing for many years, and until the last couple years was strictly a 'Strat guy'. I began to explore other guitars over the last couple of years and realized that the 24.75 12 degree radius Gibson-style neck was much better suited for my 'aging' hands. Anyway, I've also discovered that - for me - Epiphones are not only WAY more affordable but are very nice guitars. So I went through a few LP Standards and found a plain gold top that feels and sounds 'just right'. I replaced the harness, controls, switch and jack with CTS, etc., but really do like the stock Alnico Classics. I just landed this Joe Pass Emperor, and replaced the 'guts' with ProBuckers and harness. I really love this guitar. The previous owner replaced the stock Grovers with these chrome Schaller Da Vinci's, but I'm going to put a new set of gold Grover Rotomatics back on it. I believe it's a 1995. The S/N lookup says it's either a 1985 (they weren't being made yet), 1995 or 2005. The reason I'm thinking it's a 1995 (with possibly Joe's signature having been removed from the pickguard) is that it looks like the 1995's had the 'flat' E, while the 2005's were 'raised'. Any input on that would be appreciated. Also, I just ordered a brand-new LP Standard 60's in Bourbon Burst. I can't wait!s-l1600 (4).jpg Joe.jpg

Latest posts