NGD Epiphone Japan SG

• Thread starter Keefoman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Keefoman

Reaction score
According to Paruwi thread here about the Epiphone serial number system, the serial on this 106296, sholud mean that it's made at the Fujigen factory in June 2001, and it's the 296. made.

Keefoman

Reaction score
I got a fresh, new electronic kit today with CTS 550 pots, Sprague Orange Drop .022 capasitors, Switchcraft angeled toggle switch and a Switchcraft output.

53988412571_421dbfc2e7_k.jpg

Also got the correct black top hat reflector knobs. I think they suit the guitar better than the gold ones.

53988643783_c1975cb090_k.jpg

The toggleswitch came with a cream tip. Something black to be considered...

I've ordered a fret leveling kit, in addition to the tools I already have, and I'll take a shot at filing down, leveling and crowning the frets myself. Either way, the neck is spot on on this guitar, so if I have to take it to a professional, it will be well worth it!

This turned out to be a solid guitar! (Pun intended...)

Darkness

Reaction score
The toggleswitch came with a cream tip. Something black to be considered...
That's interesting. I think all the switchcraft switches I've bought came with black only. Those pots look to be 500s?

That guitar is only getting nicer 👍

Keefoman

Reaction score
That's interesting. I think all the switchcraft switches I've bought came with black only. Those pots look to be 500s?

That guitar is only getting nicer 👍
Thanks. Yes, the pots are 500s. Sorry about the typo.... 🙃

Latest posts