Ngd . Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro.

• Thread starter merlot
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Supersonic

Reaction score
First of all, dude, this is nothing against you or your guitar. In fact, it's beautiful and I love it.

That being said...look a those knobs. Why on earth does Gibson and Epiphone (and maybe others) do that? I mean, you got this beautiful guitar, in a beautiful color scheme, with all the parts/hardware gelling perfectly with each other, and then they put these ridiculous-looking knobs on it.

I mean, look at those knobs. They don't even come close to going with that guitar. They don't even come close to matching the color scheme, and they look absolutely ridiculous.

I mean seriously, how can you even put those knobs on this guitar, or even ANY guitar? Those are the most hideous things I've ever seen. They ruin the whole look.

I'm just guessing, but it could be just because that's how they used to be. In the early to mid 50's all non-Custom LP's were gold so gold knobs looked good. Then the bursts came for 58-60 and they looked good on them too.

That being said, I have no idea why they use them on all colors these days. My ebony Epi LP Standard had those same gold/amber knobs and it looked guitarded. Swapped to black speed knobs right away and it looks great now.

gsmacleod

Reaction score
I'm just guessing, but it could be just because that's how they used to be. In the early to mid 50's all non-Custom LP's were gold so gold knobs looked good. Then the bursts came for 58-60 and they looked good on them too.

That being said, I have no idea why they use them on all colors these days. My ebony Epi LP Standard had those same gold/amber knobs and it looked guitarded. Swapped to black speed knobs right away and it looks great now.

I *think* those are amber not gold knobs which tend to look awful with everything while the gold knobs go quite well with most finishes.

I have a 1959 Standard in Iced Tea that the amber knobs look okay on; otherwise I tend to rip the amber knobs off ASAP.

Shane

Latest posts