NGD teaser! :)

• Thread starter jamdogg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Raiyn

Reaction score
View attachment 19656
any number of guitars with a properly done modern heel joint and some wank does this to a '59. Unbelievable.
For example:
750-EC1000ASB_backbody.jpg

LTD EC 1000
750-LCL7TS_backbody.jpg

Sire L7

The list goes on. The entire point of a '59 is to be a '59.

I'm really not gunning for the OP, and this is probably one of the few times you'll ever see me crapping on a mod, but the original owner couldn't have found a run-of-the-mill Standard to go Dollar Store Norm Abrams on?

I'm sorry man, but if I'm completely honest, the value of that thing is the parts the original owner left on it.

I'm forced to question the structural integrity of that heel joint as it wasn't designed that way from the factory.

Wow that set me off.

Last edited:

Darkness

Reaction score
Plays, sounds, sustains, resonates & feels great. Glad it has a long tenon though! :D
I think that is the only thing making it work. If you do a bit of refinishing it should be okay. I would just be careful about the neck.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I kinda agree with Raiyn that the mod kinda defeats the purpose of it being a '59. But hey, what's done is done and as long as its structurally solid and plays well, it deserves every bit of love and care that it'll get from @jamdogg
I'd probably want to fill in that little dent the previous owner made to the joint with some wood dust and super glue just so there's nothing too noticeable to the hand there. I know it's weird, but for myself, sometimes I feel like I like my flawed guitars (after they're fixed of course) more than the ones that have no issues OOTB :D

jamdogg

Reaction score
Completely agree it’s a head scratching mod - to each their own. I would never consider doing that to any set neck let alone a ‘59. But hey, it worked for that guy Ace Frehley. And I’m sure that triggered folks who get triggered by what others do with their gear. At the end of the day I walked out the door with a nice ‘59 for about the price of a used LP Studio.

Darkness

Reaction score
The 59s are nice. They're on the upper end in pricing, but they aren't as hard to get as they once were. Sw has had a good number of them on hand since November. To me, if it gets played and enjoyed is all that matters.

Latest posts