No Epis In Oz

• Thread starter Stuart
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

epi 'sildo

Reaction score
well, Gibson didn't do namm this year. apparently they are concentrating on Philips...bye bye epi.

Stuart

Reaction score
I’m anticipating a huge resurgence in Baldwin Organs :rofl:

Supersonic

Reaction score
I’m anticipating a huge resurgence in Baldwin Organs :rofl:

We have the technology.

q8yGLQz.jpg

Cam

Reaction score
I emailed Epiphone again, and apart from getting a wishy washy response again it sounds as though they are looking at getting a new distributor: "We are seeking a solution to bring our products back to the Australian market".

CITES wouldn't be THAT big an issue, seeing as most other countries still get Epiphones brought in from the factories in Asia.

kytty

Reaction score
Not sure if this is new news here... but Gibson /Epi’s Australian distributor has fallen in a heap... I was in a major music store on Friday & the racks were bare bar for one Viola Bass... Staff advised me that they haven’t been able to get any new stock for several weeks.
Gallins (Billy Hide) still have stock
Not sure for how long

kytty

Reaction score
I emailed Epiphone again, and apart from getting a wishy washy response again it sounds as though they are looking at getting a new distributor: "We are seeking a solution to bring our products back to the Australian market".

I agree other manufactures still bring in rosewoods. They are happy to provide CITES paperwork for Guitars, ukes with rosewood.
So unless Gibson is not supplying paperwork????
I can't see why they can not import product unless they can't afford it or don't want to

Cam

Reaction score
I think Gallins might be taking over the Epi distributorship in Oz!
Gallins currently is the distributor. Just in case you didn't know they bought out Allans the last time it was going under, and as far as I have worked out (through about 4-5 phone calls to Gibson AMI over the last 6 months) they essentially used A/BH online as the distributor. Whether or not the aim is to continue that I don't know, but they haven't taken a shipment since the start of October 2017.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Malcolm Turnbull will be at the White House later this week. It's about 45 minutes from my house. Do you want me to drop off a bunch of Epis for him to take back?

Latest posts