Not Much Love for the Custom?

• Thread starter Jim603
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

foREVer Steve

Reaction score
I have an 2007 Alpine White Epiphone LPC with a Schaller tailpiece with fine tuners a, with a stock Epi neck pickup ( sound too go to replace ) and a Dragonfire Alnico 5 at 16.9k ohms.
One of the three guitars that don't have a Floyd Rose or Wilkinson trem.
That Epi brings out an aspect of my playing that no other in my collection can .... It made my1971 V and my 1974 Gibson LPC, jealous.
Epi's , in my opinion, are one the best guitars you can get regardless of brand.
I’ve played on many Epiphone Les Pauls and all the ones I played on sounded like butthole. This one found me a couple of months ago and I’ve fallen in love. I prefer it over my SG in both sound and how she plays.

Dudemeister

Reaction score
I have 2 customs, a Black with Gold and an Alpine white with gold, and they're just wall hangers. I hardly ever use them for 2 main reasons:

They're heavy, even when you play them sitting down, and
The edges on the back of the body are relatively sharp (due to the binding), so they dig in your ribs. A standard LP has rounded edges on the back so it's much more comfortable.

The rest of the stuff, sound, playability and such are great, but those 2 things irritate me to the point of them hardly getting any play time.

BGood

Reaction score
They're heavy, even when you play them sitting down, and
The edges on the back of the body are relatively sharp (due to the binding), so they dig in your ribs. A standard LP has rounded edges on the back so it's much more comfortable.
You should look into one of those then.

Back-.jpg

Chambered.jpg

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
2016 Custom PRO

3SvWLeR.jpg

Latest posts