NPGD(New project guitar day)

• Thread starter Rest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rest

Reaction score
Alrighty, new project time!!!
Picked this old JTR Linda LN10 in great shape up from the Facebook market for about $80.
The guy insisted on including a Laney LG12, a Fender strap and a Capo.

Apperently the guitar is Samick made and the JTR brand supposedly designed by the former
head of Gibson's custom shop, JT Riboloff.

In hands, the guitar feels like a Gibson JR with a Ibanez Wizard neck. It's a very "playable" neck and the whole guitar just vibrates when picking a note.
The bridge seems to be a pretty well made ABR-1 copy, works just fine and intonates perfectly. The tuners are on the cheaper side though, but so far they seem to hold tune.

My plans for this guitar, is to scrap the electronics and pickup. Drill another hole in the control cavity for a tone pot, remove the pickup frame and direct mount an EMG 85. I'm also considering re-finishing the whole guitar in black.

Pictures are in the spoiler below
yzTrKEY.jpg

iT0DTVH.jpg

Rest

Reaction score
that thing is cool as hell !!

Aye, I thought so as well. Never even heard of the model or brand until yesterday as well.
I've had a day off today, played this guitar a bunch and it actually plays great. Low action with just a little buzz.
Need to level the 12th fret and it should be all fine.

John

Reaction score
Great looking guitar, I love it.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
That's a good looking guitar. I really like the staggered ferrules. Is there any routing under the pickguard? If not, release the wood finish from its plastic opressor.

Rest

Reaction score
That's a good looking guitar. I really like the staggered ferrules. Is there any routing under the pickguard? If not, release the wood finish from its plastic opressor.

Yeah it's a nice touch. Honestly, they seem to have pretty much everything figured out with this guitar. Only thing I don't like, is the plastic nut which is about to be changed. And the diamond inlay on the volume knob. It's all solid Mahogany under that pickguard, which is why I believe this guitar resonates so well.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Yeah it's a nice touch. Honestly, they seem to have pretty much everything figured out with this guitar. Only thing I don't like, is the plastic nut which is about to be changed. And the diamond inlay on the volume knob. It's all solid Mahogany under that pickguard, which is why I believe this guitar resonates so well.
Going TUSQ or bone?

Rest

Reaction score

Rest

Reaction score
Huh, découpage eh? I dig it!

Aye, you've got that right. Been wanting to try it for a long time, never had the chance.
I saw some pictures of people découpaging guitars on Pinterest and got inspired..
Thanks!

Latest posts