Paris ... Bataclan

• Thread starter BGood
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
I heard about the umbrella treatment from a neighbour who was stationed in the Middle East during WW2. Sounds bloody and painful.

5.56mm is ok. The idea being you take more men of the battlefield helping a wounded comrade. Horses for courses as the saying goes. But sometimes you need the stopping power of 7.62mm.

Reading back I was led to believe that the troops could carry more ammo with the lighter rounds but on full auto you are less likely to hit what you aim for and go through the rounds quicker anyway. IMO there is no substitute for aimed fire!

I like my SLR!

Keith Longstaff

Reaction score
I think it was a bit of both as what you say rings a bell. I never fired the SLR I was trained with the SA80 and the Accuracy International L96a1 sniper rifle which fires a the bigger round. As you'll know it makes a proper mess of whatever it hits

Digger

Reaction score
I think it was a bit of both as what you say rings a bell. I never fired the SLR I was trained with the SA80 and the Accuracy International L96a1 sniper rifle which fires a the bigger round. As you'll know it makes a proper mess of whatever it hits
Sure does.
We were also told that a wounded soldier ties up resources more than a dead one but I doubt that many intentionally shot to wound.

Prisoners also tie your resources up more.

Latest posts