ping ping Outs Himself.

• Thread starter ping ping
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ping ping

Reaction score
I have a confession to make.
This is an Epiphone Guitar site, so I keep it really clear. I play a two Epiphone guitars, but I'm not a "Guitar Player".
I started using electric guitar to create sounds/noise with effects pedals.
Feed back , is a big favorite of mine.
As time rolled along The DAW came around and the joy of cut and paste, VST effects arrived and I was in pig poop heaven. I still am . I saw Fred Frith at an improve solo performance, I saw Robert Fripp when he first toured play guitar and two Revox tape machines. Known as FRIPPITRONICS. I liked his collaboration with Brian Eno
" No ***** Footing".
I saw Pere Ubu with Allen Ravenstine who was "making sounds/noises /textures to the bands compositions using an EML Electro Comp 101 synth. I was sold.
IDEA: strip away the band (drums, bass, guitar) and compose using the Sounds of Synths and or found sounds.
I also read two books by John Cage: Lectures on Nothing and Silence

So I'm self-outed . Out of the guitarist closet and into the light of Noise.krazy kat 333.png

Otto99

Reaction score
I can’t play for shit, and own a very nice Epi SG and a PRS long name thing you can see down there in my sig. I joined up when my son gave me the SG, really thought I’d start learning to play, then he gave me the PRS, and I really thought I’d need to get on it, and life got in the way. I feel a bit guilty and something of a fraud to be an active participant on a specific guitar forum, but this particular segment has introduced me to a global society of cool guys with whom I have more than guitars in common. So it’s cool.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I have a confession to make.
This is an Epiphone Guitar site, so I keep it really clear. I play a two Epiphone guitars, but I'm not a "Guitar Player".
I started using electric guitar to create sounds/noise with effects pedals.
Feed back , is a big favorite of mine.
As time rolled along The DAW came around and the joy of cut and paste, VST effects arrived and I was in pig poop heaven. I still am . I saw Fred Frith at an improve solo performance, I saw Robert Fripp when he first toured play guitar and two Revox tape machines. Known as FRIPPITRONICS. I liked his collaboration with Brian Eno
" No ***** Footing".
I saw Pere Ubu with Allen Ravenstine who was "making sounds/noises /textures to the bands compositions using an EML Electro Comp 101 synth. I was sold.
IDEA: strip away the band (drums, bass, guitar) and compose using the Sounds of Synths and or found sounds.
I also read two books by John Cage: Lectures on Nothing and Silence

So I'm self-outed . Out of the guitarist closet and into the light of Noise.View attachment 18576
I don't think there's a requirement to be a guitar player. You don't even need to be an Epiphone owner as far as I know. Noise rock is also a thing.

BGood

Reaction score
And well on this page(The Backstage) I've seen very little discussions about ANY guitars. So don't sweat it. In fact, I'm curious to hear that noise you say you create.

Whitefang
It'd be like WOOOOSH ZZZZZZZZZZTT TSS TSSS TSS KLUNK KTC KTC KTC OOOAH OOOOAH Fzzzzzzzzzzz

I did something in that vein

Latest posts