Please Help ID My First Guitar

• Thread starter Kneegloc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Raiyn

Reaction score
tumblr_o183eg7Okh1tjydheo3_500.gif
1mnm67.jpg

Cam.man67

Reaction score
On the neck plate, like, under it, do you think? It's not in the electronics, and it wasn't on the back plate, or the truss rod cover... ugh... lol
Typical Epi bolt-ons from that period often had the serial stamped in the neck plate. Based on your pictures and the Reverb ad, I’m still thinking preproduction. That is not an RPO Epiphone in my opinion.

Kneegloc

Reaction score
Typical Epi bolt-ons from that period often had the serial stamped in the neck plate. Based on your pictures and the Reverb ad, I’m still thinking preproduction. That is not an RPO Epiphone in my opinion.
Still, that's great news that it's a preproduction! I'm even prouder of it than I was before! Maybe I'll give it a nice buff and polish, and get a new back plate and truss rod cover and some string guides! (Okay, I'm getting carried away. lol) Thank you, again! So I guess there really IS no "name" or model number for it!

Kneegloc

Reaction score
Oh, also, do you think it's really from the 70's, like the Reverb ad?

Kneegloc

Reaction score
Also! lol
Do you know where I can find string guides like this? I've looked on ebay and such, and they look similar, but not quite the same as I remember... I remember how they felt, sort-of "brittle" around the edges, and more rounded on the top, than my searches have come up with... then again, I may be crazy, or I may just have to settle for something similar... Thanks!

Kneegloc

Reaction score
Still, that's great news that it's a preproduction! I'm even prouder of it than I was before! Maybe I'll give it a nice buff and polish, and get a new back plate and truss rod cover and some string guides! (Okay, I'm getting carried away. lol) Thank you, again! So I guess there really IS no "name" or model number for it!
On second thought, I probably have the back plate and truss rod cover somewhere... I never throw anything away... (But, I still don't know what happened to the tremolo bar!) I'll let you guys know!

Kneegloc

Reaction score
Hey, there! Almost 4 agonizing years later and I still think about everyone and your help! I never found my back plate, tremolo bar, or truss rod cover, but I found a tremolo bar *close* to it at a local guitar shop (the original was much heavier than this one, and the end was much more rounded). I also found some string retainers close to what it originally had. I have purchased some back plates that claimed to fit but, the screw holes are always just a little bit off. Also, I noticed that, when I play it, it "cuts out" after about 10 minutes... I guess I'll have to get in there and clean it out a bit... Otherwise, I'm still enjoying the guitar and, since it was my first, I will never sell it... Thanks, again, everyone! I hope this finds you well.

Attachments

• My Epiphone 1-4-23 (1).jpeg
    My Epiphone 1-4-23 (1).jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 7
  • My Epiphone 1-4-23 (2).jpeg
    My Epiphone 1-4-23 (2).jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts