Power bass Serial number question

• Thread starter HaFo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HaFo

Reaction score
Hi, i am new on the forum.

Yesterday i purchased a Epiphone Power Bass with serial #: SL70510117.
"Epiphone by Gibson" headstock. The serial # is on a sticker on the backside of the headstock.
Can someone help me figure out where it is manufactured and when it is made?

A really nice bass for 70 dollar.

HaFo

Reaction score
I have tried to figure it out from epiphonewiki. But SL is not in the list.

Jim McPherson

Reaction score
If it's a sticker on the head stock it could be a factory refurb. But would need pics to confirm. Does it look similar to this?

354527833_o.jpg

HaFo

Reaction score
I've just sent an email to them. Hope they can answer. Could it maybe be a sticker from the shop that sold it?

HaFo

Reaction score
On a gibson forum John Doe asked this:
"My "Epiphone by Gibson" Sheraton II has "SL" at the beginning of its serial number. Any information about this? Thank you."

And Jane Doe answered:
"All 'Epiphone by Gibson' Sheratons have been made for a short period (~86-89) at Samick, Korea"

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
"All 'Epiphone by Gibson' Sheratons have been made for a short period (~86-89) at Samick, Korea"

Not only the 'Epiphone by Gibson' labeled ones, all Epiphones had been made at Samick, Korea around 86/87 up to 90/91

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score

The guitar-un-dater ist often wrong....

the important part of this site is this...

The Guitardater Project cannot verify the authenticity of ANY Guitar, this site is simply meant as a tool to satisfy the curiosity of guitar enthusiasts. This website possesses NO DATABASE of guitars made by manufactures, instead simple serial code patterns that are available on this site and in the wider guitar community are used. It follows that potential scammers can use this knowledge to try to trick unsuspecting buyers. If you have any doubts as to a guitars’ authenticity please contact the guitar manufacturer before your purchase.
Regards,

Latest posts