price-up ?

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Otto99

Reaction score
In current times, almost everybody in my community is trying hard to do otherwise.
I have a cousin in Niagara Falls (slowly I turned, step by step) and we have some interesting discussions about how you guys see things across the border.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Watch the Government pull us out of bankruptcy
And piss everybody off (sorry if you consider this political)
Won't happen. They'll just cut taxes for the corporations and the 1% again.
I know its not always possible
But I would buy a European car before A Japanese
You're kidding right? Our last "American" car was built in Canada. Our current "Japanese" car was made in Indiana. BMW is South Carolina and Volvo is stateside too if I remember correctly.

Otto99

Reaction score
BMW is South Carolina and Volvo is stateside too if I remember correctly.

Not sure about Volvo, but the South Carolina BMW plant makes the X things, or trucks in my view, and they were making the little Z convertibles there, but I’m not sure now since it’s redesigned. All sedans are still German.

Reaction score
409.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Explorer

Reaction score
We have 1.5 - 2k asian guitars. Everything is getting more expensive.
From what I remember in early 00s, the really good import tier was around 600 to 1000euros, now this is essentially doubled.
You do get some fancier stuff these days but still the majority is overpriced same old.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Last edited:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I guess I'll have to buy more Harley Bentons.

Yep I'll second that, I have five Harley Benton guitars.bass.mandolin and love them. I haven't been into a music store since our local one closed down.
I haven't been to see any Epiphone guitars in ages:frown:
It was cheaper for me to buy online from another country (Thomann in Germany) than get into the car & drive to the city. The guitars always arrived within 5 days to my doorstep. Talking about price rises (off topic really) Last month we've just had the second highest price rise in petrol/diesel in the last 20 years here in the UK.
At my local petrol station it's £1.33/litre = £6.006 = $7.78 = AUS$11.19 = CAN$10.47/UK gallon. :wow: daylight robbery :mad:

BGood

Reaction score
Talking about price rises (off topic really) Last month we've just had the second highest price rise in petrol/diesel in the last 20 years here in the UK.
At my local petrol station it's £1.33/litre = £6.006 = $7.78 = AUS$11.19 = CAN$10.47/UK gallon. :wow: daylight robbery :mad:
Ouch ! ! ! That nearly double what we pay in Québec !

TimTheViking

Reaction score
I ordered a Ammoon looper prior deadline. It was $61 with free shipping coming from China. It is now $70 plus $7.50 shipping. So I'd say that the new tariff is having an affect.

RTH

Reaction score
I ordered a Ammoon looper prior deadline. It was $61 with free shipping coming from China. It is now $70 plus $7.50 shipping. So I'd say that the new tariff is having an affect.
Maybe. Partially. I've noticed with stuff like ammoon and firefly and others, that they start out ridiculously cheap for the first run or two, then when they gain popularity they go up by 30 - 50 percent or more on restock.

TimTheViking

Reaction score
Maybe. Partially. I've noticed with stuff like ammoon and firefly and others, that they start out ridiculously cheap for the first run or two, then when they gain popularity they go up by 30 - 50 percent or more on restock.
Glad I got mine on the first run. After looking at what was affected by the new tariffs, I couldn't see how the looper would fall under any of the new categories. But then Ammoon may be capitalizing on the tariff news/fear and simply charging and making more yen as a result.

RTH

Reaction score
Affordability is relative. Maybe Epiphone will move to Mexico and we can buy Mexiphones!

Latest posts