Reality Check; Part II

JimmyNY

Reaction score
Buy 'em all. See guitar, want guitar, buy guitar.....happiness ensues!!! I play just for fun, no band or anything & I just got guitar # 5 two weeks ago, an Epiphone 1959 Les Paul standard in aged dark burst. This was my 4th Epiphone Les Paul (also have a Jackson Kelly floyd rose model). Do I need all of them? Absolutely not. Did I want all of them? Hell yeah!!! Point is, life is too short & if you want a new guitar (or 2 or 3), go for it!!!

SoCaliJ

Reaction score
Maybe the most amusing thing about both of SoCaliJ's threads is that he came here for counsel on whether or not to buy a certain guitar or guitars.

Guitar forums are like liquor stores. The idea is to sell product not to conduct 12 Step meetings. They promote alcohol, we promote guitar addictions. :D

You got that right!

These threads were my half-arsed attempt at some semblance of self-control, and the responses have truly been somewhat cathartic if not down right amusing...and I thank you all for that.

Yes, I bought #3, but not the Epi LP Studio, and I'll touch on that reasoning in the other thread. But I'll say this, I am EXTREMELY satisfied with my purchase.

Thanks again, everyone.

J

dasherf17

Reaction score
Don't ask me. I have 13 guitars and I'm probably on the low end of the ranger around here. I think it's OK to explore different guitars and different sounds. You might find something you like better than the slabs.

Some people have large herds of guitars, some have revolving doors (buy, play, sell) and some are OK with just one. As long as the money isn't for necessities and you're not depriving anyone in your family of anything, there's no wrong answer.

16, here, including the incoming...had I kept the ones I sold or had stolen, I'd have 32...>sigh<...

SoCaliJ

Reaction score
Maaaybe a black switch ring to complete things...

Aesthetically speaking, I really liked the Studio because it did not have a toggle switch ring plate. Don't matter now, I've got the Squier instead.

J

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
You got that right!

These threads were my half-arsed attempt at some semblance of self-control, and the responses have truly been somewhat cathartic if not down right amusing...and I thank you all for that.

Yes, I bought #3, but not the Epi LP Studio, and I'll touch on that reasoning in the other thread. But I'll say this, I am EXTREMELY satisfied with my purchase.

Thanks again, everyone.

J

Well, we have been known to be a talented and at times amusing bunch of catharters.....LOL.

Rick Davey

Reaction score
Even guys in bands, playing for the masses as they may, are there for their own enjoyment, passion, etc.

That's true, but you are focused on the wrong part of the issue. A hobby player can get by just fine with one guitar. A professional's situation may or may not require multiple types of guitars.

I've got a Tele (my #1), an Esquire, a Strat, and a Les Paul. I would love to add a Country Gentleman and an ES335, but I doubt that I ever will. I've been playing since 1964, and I never had more than one guitar at a time for the first 35 years of that.

Latest posts