Really Disappointed

• Thread starter 3bolt79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I think someone got a little happy with the drill on that one. From now on, I’m not going to buy anymore Epi’s online.

I sold two of 12 that I had. That still leaves me with 10, and one going to my wife and one to my son this summer, which will leave me with 8.

I finally got the shipping label today and sent the broken SG back. If I buy anymore Epi’s I will buy from the local GC. Or not. Every one I’ve looked at locally was Eff’d up.

28 Flathead

Reaction score
Wonder how. Obviously the screw may have caused a crack but that's wide open, I can't see that happening in shipping from a store to you.
If the screw hole wasn't pre-drilled deep enough, which looks to me to be the case, it may have caused enough tension that a small bump during shipping could have been the last straw.

28 Flathead

Reaction score
I think someone got a little happy with the drill on that one. From now on, I’m not going to buy anymore Epi’s online.

I sold two of 12 that I had. That still leaves me with 10, and one going to my wife and one to my son this summer, which will leave me with 8.

I finally got the shipping label today and sent the broken SG back. If I buy anymore Epi’s I will buy from the local GC. Or not. Every one I’ve looked at locally was Eff’d up.
Well, at least you have your Gretsch!

WoundUp

Reaction score
Sorry to see that. Maybe you'll end up with a better guitar in the end. I did when I sent one back with a broken headstock. I was pretty disappointed that It was broken and had to be returned but I ended up getting an even better one in return.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't count on GC to have stock on display that isn't somewhat F'd up. That seems to be the norm not the exception in most stores.

Latest posts