Show Your Red Guitars!

• Thread starter Davis Sharp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
what happened to it??

Oh...it is my attempt at scalloping the fretboard like Ritchie Blackmore did on his Strat. ;)

blmr-crop.jpg

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Oh...it is my attempt at scalloping the fretboard like Ritchie Blackmore did on his Strat. ;)

blmr-crop.jpg

Oh now i see it!! The lighting made it look like something spilled on it and darkened the fretboard. How are you finding it? I've only tried my friend's Yngwie strat (he's an Yngwie nut... lots of those here) and Steve Vai's model with scalloping. I don't really know how to use those. I keep fretting things out of tune and messing up bends.

Supersonic

Reaction score
Found one of these at a local store for a very reasonable price. It's almost NOS because stickers still on the pickups - but it's "2nd hand" because the last owner didn't even finish his lesson package then decided to quit.

61FaBUGrMZL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Is that a 'Cardinal Red' Standard? That's awesome. I've almost finished modding the used one I got 2 years ago and will post it soon. Mine was far from NOS but I love the color.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Is that a 'Cardinal Red' Standard? That's awesome. I've almost finished modding the used one I got 2 years ago and will post it soon. Mine was far from NOS but I love the color.

Yes, it is a cardinal red standard!!! It's getting cleaned up at the store so I can pick it up tomorrow. Would love to see your mods too! I'm still thinking of which direction to go with this.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Oh now i see it!! The lighting made it look like something spilled on it and darkened the fretboard. How are you finding it? I've only tried my friend's Yngwie strat (he's an Yngwie nut... lots of those here) and Steve Vai's model with scalloping. I don't really know how to use those. I keep fretting things out of tune and messing up bends.

It sure is different. I don't think the first few frets don't really need to be scalloped. It's more the higher frets and bending sure is easier but it doesn't really make you play faster. :frown:

Latest posts