(Soon to be NGD) Epiphone LP Muse

• Thread starter steak&chips
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

steak&chips

Reaction score
What is folk’s experience of playing an LP Muse compared to other Epi LPs? I’ve read it’s lighter in weight due to its chambered body, so does it give a semi-hollow body feel to it? Taken a punt on buying a used one, and I’ve not yet seen it physically! So although the price was great, it still feels like a little bit of a gamble!

steak&chips

Reaction score
My bad. I’ve edited the title, hopefully for your liking :)

Anyhow, how have people found the performance of the split single coil tones? Does it sound like a Les Paul doing an impression of a Strat or Tele, or something completely different?

steak&chips

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to testing that aspect out. Fundamentally I want it for its ability to play like an LP is expected to play, but the tone variation is something I’ve not experienced before, so it should be fun to switch it up a bit. Must not forget its second hand and someone got rid of it because of something they didn’t like (or upgrade to a better guitar maybe), so I am expecting anything and everything that could go wrong. Will let you all know how it plays!

BGood

Reaction score
Must not forget its second hand and someone got rid of it because of something they didn’t like (or upgrade to a better guitar maybe), ...
Some people are buying in the LP game just because something new came out and they had to have it, to show and tell, but can barely play it. Some are snobs and will never like anything less than "the proper headstock", dunno why they bother getting an Epiphone. Some just have too many and will toss a coin on what should go. Some have bills to pay. Some have a wife who just found out about the new guitar ...

Many reason but "not a good guitar" to sell an Epiphone Muse LP. Almost any well made guitar can be made to play as good as the best. Don't worry.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to testing that aspect out. Fundamentally I want it for its ability to play like an LP is expected to play, but the tone variation is something I’ve not experienced before, so it should be fun to switch it up a bit. Must not forget its second hand and someone got rid of it because of something they didn’t like (or upgrade to a better guitar maybe), so I am expecting anything and everything that could go wrong. Will let you all know how it plays!
If they got rid of it for anything, it was probably because of the 40mm or thereabouts nut width. I got a Muse SG for my wife because of the slim neck.

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score

You never know, you might be happily surprised! I've got a few second-hand guitars that were sold by their former owners for the very reasons I love them : the bass was short-scale, the double-cut chambered body felt "light compared to a Les Paul" and the acoustic had a slim neck, closer to an electric than an acoustic guitar.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
My PRS DGT SE use coil tapped pickups. I wouldn't call the tonality Tele like but if you have a Strat that allows for the selection of a neck/bridge pickup combination that would probably be very close.

Latest posts