Split Coil and Push Pull Pot on 335 Pro

• Thread starter chont
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chont

Reaction score
I find that I prefer the Coil split tone on my 335 Pro to the full humbucker mode. Is there an easy way to reverse it so the pushed in setting on the pot is the split? Doesn't seem to be unless i swap the pot to get rid of the molex type connector. I guess i can just deal with pulling the knob out.

First world problems

sliberty

Reaction score
I hate the molex / circuit board approach to guitar electronics for exactly this reason. What should be a simple mod turns into an ordeal. This is why I rip that crap out right away, and solder the good stuff in. You might be better off doing the same. Put in a whole new "traditional" wiring harness (by that I mean soldered, no molex, no PCB).

chont

Reaction score
I figured... I hate the idea of wiring through the F hole (i'm used to working on strats) but I may have to bite the bullet and do it. It seems like an easier and cheaper solution than swapping a pickup that i'm otherwise happy with.

thanks

sliberty

Reaction score
Yea, me too. I can do LPs and Teles in my sleep. But on my 335 Pro, I brought it to a pro. Lazy good for nothing that I am.

Latest posts