Starting Up Again !

• Thread starter Michael Hageman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Hageman

Reaction score
After 50 years I decided to retrain my brain to start playing again. I got my Les Paul Fix satisfied with a 08 Studio,a TV Yellow P90 and a IBG 59 Standard. I What Pickups came on an 08 Studio? I found an IBG SG Standard.Can not find this Color in any pics in the IBG Line-Up. Any one seen one? Secondly I found a Gibson SG but buyer does not know what Model it is.Can anyone chime in as to what it could be ? Here are Pics of the Studio and SG's. Thanks for all info I may learn to make an educated choice on the SG's.tand

Attachments

• SG 11.jpg
    SG 11.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Yel SG.jpg
    Yel SG.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Yel SG 1.jpg
    Yel SG 1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 11
  • SG2.jpg
    SG2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SG3.jpg
    SG3.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 10
  • SG4.jpg
    SG4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 11
  • SG5.jpg
    SG5.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 11

LP_SPC_1_P90

Reaction score
From what I found online, the 2008 & 2009 Studiio had 490R & 498T HH's in them. According to Reverb write up, the model name & spec, both immediately prior (2003-2007) & after (2010-2011) had the (Alnico V) Burstbucker Pros in them.

Last edited:

syco

Reaction score
After 50 years I decided to retrain my brain to start playing again. I got my Les Paul Fix satisfied with a 08 Studio,a TV Yellow P90 and a IBG 59 Standard. I What Pickups came on an 08 Studio? I found an IBG SG Standard.Can not find this Color in any pics in the IBG Line-Up. Any one seen one? Secondly I found a Gibson SG but buyer does not know what Model it is.Can anyone chime in as to what it could be ? Here are Pics of the Studio and SG's. Thanks for all info I may learn to make an educated choice on the SG's.tand
Studio will have Alnico Classic Pro Humbuckers most Likely . The Yellow SG looks like a Tradional Pro , same pickups as studio . Gibson SG looks to be a "Future " Tribute . They came with '57 Classics .

Last edited:

Michael Hageman

Reaction score
Just out of Curiosity what would you fellows think would be Good Prices on the 2021 Epi . Traditional Pro SG' and 2013 Tribute? Right now the Epiphone is $300 and the Gibson is $750. Neither have Cases.

Thanks Again !

syco

Reaction score
Just out of Curiosity what would you fellows think would be Good Prices on the 2021 Epi . Traditional Pro SG' and 2013 Tribute? Right now the Epiphone is $300 and the Gibson is $750. Neither have Cases.

Thanks Again !
SG Traditional pro is $329 Brand new right now . Gibson sounds to be fairly priced if in good condition .

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score

Thanks Again !
Michael, one source I nearly always search is the Reverb.com sold listings for the same or very similar models. Here's a link to that site if you haven't already checked there.

I select the same model or a similar one then see what price range they've sold for most recently. Keep in mind those sold prices don't include shipping or taxes where applicable.

Happy hunting. :cheers:

Latest posts