Strap-lock recommendations ...

• Thread starter Space1999
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
Hi guys,

After my SG drop, I am thinking about going back to strap locks. I nearly lost my new 2016 LPC Koa yesterday, luckily I was sitting on the bed and grabbed it quick.

So I haven’t bought strap-locks since the 80’s. All my straps are Levy’s of the thicker variety.

I don’t really dig a big spike coming out of my strap-locks. What do you guys use?

Thanks,

Pat

Biddlin

Reaction score
61PCOG4eiHL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Beer cap gaskets. I got 50 from Amazon for $10

Raiyn

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After my SG drop, I am thinking about going back to strap locks. I nearly lost my new 2016 LPC Koa yesterday, luckily I was sitting on the bed and grabbed it quick.

So I haven’t bought strap-locks since the 80’s. All my straps are Levy’s of the thicker variety.

I don’t really dig a big spike coming out of my strap-locks. What do you guys use?

Thanks,

Pat
DiMarzio ClipLock. They make leather models, but I stick with the nylon seatbelt stuff.
title-card-jpg.5840

gir-10102020-2-jpg.12931

Straplocks are nice, but these are flat out idiot proof.

Space1999

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the suggestions. Raiyn, That G&L is really sweet. I am leaning towards Paruwi and Soulman’s kind.

One way or another, I am not going to drop a guitar because of failure to plan. I used to put strap locks on all my guitars, but that was when I had two guitars and an acoustic LOL

It going to cost some money either way with my ragtag fleet of Epiphones :)

upload_2021-5-24_20-24-7.jpeg

Pat

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
Schaller. Always Schaller. Only Schaller.

Hands down the best design going; they have been on every electric I own & every one I had care of in my roadie days.
The Dunlops - even the later versions with the recessed button - can release with a bump; I've seen it multiple times, and once it lets go, there's nothing between the floor and your baby.

The Schallers require an active pull to release; never seen that happen (because it can't), and if by some chance it would let go (again, 40 or so years, many instruments, never seen it) the U-channel on the strap still has you safe.

Crane

Reaction score
I went through a strap lock search just 2 months ago.
I did not want to drill or fuss with getting every guitar and strap set up. I have had metal clip locks fail.
The most inexpensive and easiest method I found were to use :
D'Addario Dual-Lock Strap Lock

Space1999

Reaction score
I’m like a lot of you guys. I have an eye for detail. I understand balance when matching knobs and straps. I look at the whole guitar.

I really just wanted straplocks that wouldn’t draw attention away from the guitar. Or be distracting to my eye.

That’s why I went with the Dunlops. Although all the suggestions were perfectly fine, in the end I have to look at it.

upload_2021-5-27_10-15-22.jpeg

Pat

Charles Headlee

Reaction score
+1 for the D'Addario Dual Strap Lock. Cheap, simple, effective.

Before I saw these, the only thing I'd found that was 100% effective was taking the strap button off, put it thru a 3/8 washer, then put it thru the strap, and screw it back in. Not convenient at all, but cheap, simple, and effective.

Daniel Desmarais

Reaction score
The beer cap gaskets work great PROVIDED you never intend to remove the strap. I’ve got them on my acoustic and they’re awesome.

I put Schaller locking buttons on my Epiphone ES-355 the first week and they work great. I have to remove the strap or the guitar won’t fit in the case.

Latest posts