Stuff came off...

• Thread starter IGRocker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IGRocker

Reaction score
I'm sure you've all seen pictures of my LPC floating around, but just in case you haven't... Before
image_zpsa59e8dd0.jpg

And after!
image_zps11e51b0d.jpg

I took the pick guard off so I can laser engrave my signature in it on Monday, and decided to pull the pup covers off too. But alas, they will be on again as soon as the pick guard is back on.

Oh, I also since the before picture, put on a gold toggle switch washer and jackplate.

IGRocker

Reaction score
Will do! I'm going to put my signature on it and attempt to put some gold paint in the etching

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Yours reminds me of my 2005 Epi Lester Custom (Midnight) model.it didnt come with pick guard.its the one in my avitar and my favorite guitar.

IGRocker

Reaction score
Glad you're putting the pickup covers back on. LPC's just need those gold covers to look complete!
I totally agree! It's more of an experiment tonally, and because if I have the guard off already I might as well make it look stripped down for a few days :D

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Yes there Black bell knobs the same shape as the amber ones.cant remember what was on it.speed knobs maybe.they look good on it

IGRocker

Reaction score
I'm test running the signature right now on some scrap plastic, and I might be able to get some pictures up tonight!

IGRocker

Reaction score
This took longer than it should have. I did a bunch of trial runs on plexiglass, and then I realized they were all the wrong size :facepalm:
Following the size change, all of the settings on the laser printer were changed for another project, and then I had to figure out how I had it set up! Anywho, here's the end results! :dude:
image_zps2d68be19.jpg

It ended up being engraved lower than I thought, but by the time I noticed it was too late to stop. Oh well, it doesn't bother me much.

IGRocker

Reaction score
Sweet, adds a nice personal touch, and looks like it came out pretty well!
I thought it did too! And even though it's a tad lower on the guard than I wanted it, it's not enough that I would buy a new guard :rofl: In the long run, it just adds character and a memory. This guitar isn't going anywhere so I don't worry about much with it.

Latest posts