The Epi Les Paul SL thread!

• Thread starter Cam.man67
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JORMA

Reaction score
Seriously! But it isn't the only time - With the Black Top Gretch Filtertrons there was a false belief that was solved as they are at times single coil cases -only -at some point with two wound inside....in these maybe its because of the ceramic magnet and 8 spacers that they're labeled as dualies its of course the fact that when two coils cancel RF "noise" that they're TWO WOUND PICKUPS, NO.BUT THE BLACKTOP FILTERTRONS (I HAVE THE 3 single double noneTAPS ON MY ULTRA III) SINGLE COILS...THE REGULAR BLACK TOPS? WHEN THOSE SING OR IF THE P90 HISSES DON'T FORGET THE RIC TOASTER COILS-FAB...GIVE THESE (THE SL SINGLE COILS) A TRY! THEY MIGHT BE BRIGHT & COARSE & SMOOTH ...WITH YOUR "RF" RIDING THE BIAS OVER THE PREDETERMINED RANGE.

CheshireFrog

Reaction score
Seriously! But it isn't the only time - With the Black Top Gretch Filtertrons there was a false belief that was solved as they are at times single coil cases -only -at some point with two wound inside....in these maybe its because of the ceramic magnet and 8 spacers that they're labeled as dualies its of course the fact that when two coils cancel RF "noise" that they're TWO WOUND PICKUPS, NO.BUT THE BLACKTOP FILTERTRONS (I HAVE THE 3 single double noneTAPS ON MY ULTRA III) SINGLE COILS...THE REGULAR BLACK TOPS? WHEN THOSE SING OR IF THE P90 HISSES DON'T FORGET THE RIC TOASTER COILS-FAB...GIVE THESE (THE SL SINGLE COILS) A TRY! THEY MIGHT BE BRIGHT & COARSE & SMOOTH ...WITH YOUR "RF" RIDING THE BIAS OVER THE PREDETERMINED RANGE.

Sorry, I just got back from having that tattooed on my chest. Did I miss anything?

Raiyn

Reaction score
(⊙.☉)7

Did your Caps Lock break or something?

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
For $99 if plays well and will stay in tune I got my money's worth. I'm not into humbuckers anyway so this one is right up my alley. I'll set it up for slide and altered tunings. It'll be a hoot. Hell some of you guys probably spend more on beer in a month than $99. ;)

I can't do Fender summer colors on a Gibson style guitar though so I had Sweetwater set aside a Heritage Cherry for me once they start to arrive. I've played and even bought an LP Special I and it's a decent guitar. This can't be all that different except for the pickups.

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
I can't do Fender summer colors on a Gibson style guitar though so I had Sweetwater set aside a Heritage Cherry for me once they start to arrive. I've played and even bought an LP Special I and it's a decent guitar. This can't be all that different except for the pickups.
You could always get out a black magic marker and write Fender on the headstock!

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
I don't need to. I have a half dozen of those already. Now I'm working my way through Epiphones. But thanks for the suggestion.
tenor.gif

Latest posts