The GAS just hit me.. With 2 alternatives

• Thread starter Rest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rest

Reaction score
Ok, so I recently have been looking for a new guitar. A super strat with a 2-post recessed tremolo, preferbly with HSH pickup configuration and a maple fretboard. I am having a hard time choosing to go with either the Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 2P or the Ibanez AZ242BC-DET.

Going with the Charvel, would leave me waiting until late October since no one is keeping them in stock yet. Somehow I think I personally like the Charvel more, although I can not keep the Ibanez out of my mind either.

Eonomy-wise, they will take an equally large bite out of my wallet.
Pleas, try and shed some light towards me, fellow string-benders.

Rest

Reaction score

Raiyn

Reaction score
Ibanez S-Series.
211P02I180314608-front-large.jpg

This one is BEGGING for me to have a go at it.
Is it bad that I'm already modding it in my head?

Rest

Reaction score
Ibanez S-Series.
211P02I180314608-front-large.jpg

This one is BEGGING for me to have a go at it.
Is it bad that I'm already modding it in my head?
Beautiful axe!
I'm looking for a trem tho. Got enough hardtails.

Rest

Reaction score
I look forward to your initial impressions. :cheers:

Got the guitar earlier today. Unboxed it, unfortunately the setup was a disaster. Had to lower the action and adjust the truss-rod plenty.
First impressions when playing the guitar properly set up.. It pretty much plays itself, fast neck, nicely polished frets with rounded fret ends. Absolutely LOVE the compound radius!

The guitar is on the heavier side(but not too heavy, just right if u ask me), and the two Duncan distotions absolutely screams when you drive them, coil-splitted they sound very nice too.
The 3-way selector may not be the best, but that's probably my only complaint so far. The guitar overall screams quality, Charvel surely made a good job with these.

wildeman

Reaction score
Beautiful axe!
I'm looking for a trem tho. Got enough hardtails.
Definitely check them out, the used Fujigen made one's are very reasonably priced and KILL. Mine is a 89 body with a 87 neck and is so damn good, the Edge vibrato is a work of art.20170326_080003_2.jpg

Raiyn

Reaction score
Got the guitar earlier today. Unboxed it, unfortunately the setup was a disaster. Had to lower the action and adjust the truss-rod plenty.
First impressions when playing the guitar properly set up.. It pretty much plays itself, fast neck, nicely polished frets with rounded fret ends. Absolutely LOVE the compound radius!

The guitar is on the heavier side(but not too heavy, just right if u ask me), and the two Duncan distotions absolutely screams when you drive them, coil-splitted they sound very nice too.
The 3-way selector may not be the best, but that's probably my only complaint so far. The guitar overall screams quality, Charvel surely made a good job with these.
rcg8y.jpg

Sweet axe!

You're making me jones for that S-series even harder now. I'll have to see what happens after our vacation.

Latest posts