The New FAKE Epi thread

Shadow Explorer

Reaction score
Not for Zakk, but for how far someone can can go to get get his stuff "legitimized"....
or scam others in this case...

Phantom0917

Reaction score
I am a newbie and looking to purchase my first upgraded guitar...have my eye on several Custom Silverbursts on Reverb. I've read most of the guidance on how to pick out a fake and I must say I am driving myself crazy as I can convince myself something is wrong with every guitar I look at. This has paralyzed my decision making. As a newbie on the forum it won't let me include links but I'll try to describe and hopefully someone can help determine their authenticity: $450 Excellent 2014 model; $569 Mint Condition; $450 Excellent Condition. I know this is a klugie way to describe but I can't include the exact links. If anyone can decipher this and provide some feedback I sure would appreciate.

Phantom0917

Reaction score
I am a newbie and looking to purchase my first upgraded guitar...have my eye on several Custom Silverbursts on Reverb. I've read most of the guidance on how to pick out a fake and I must say I am driving myself crazy as I can convince myself something is wrong with every guitar I look at. This has paralyzed my decision making. As a newbie on the forum it won't let me include links but I'll try to describe and hopefully someone can help determine their authenticity: $450 Excellent 2014 model; $569 Mint Condition; $450 Excellent Condition. I know this is a klugie way to describe but I can't include the exact links. If anyone can decipher this and provide some feedback I sure would appreciate.

Phantom0917

Reaction score

Thanks Paruwi...here's the abbreviated link as you suggest:
#1 -- /item/18461953-epiphone-les-paul-custom-pro-2014-silver-black
#2 -- /item/13835929-epiphone-lp-custom-pro-in-silver-2-tone-burst
#3 -- /item/16616126-epiphone-les-paul-custom-pro-black-silver-burst

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Thanks Paruwi...here's the abbreviated link as you suggest:
#1 -- /item/18461953-epiphone-les-paul-custom-pro-2014-silver-black
#2 -- /item/13835929-epiphone-lp-custom-pro-in-silver-2-tone-burst
#3 -- /item/16616126-epiphone-les-paul-custom-pro-black-silver-burst

EDIT: Never mind. @Paruwi responded already.

Here are the full links.

https://reverb.com/item/18461953-epiphone-les-paul-custom-pro-2014-silver-black

https://reverb.com/item/13835929-epiphone-lp-custom-pro-in-silver-2-tone-burst

https://reverb.com/item/16616126-epiphone-les-paul-custom-pro-black-silver-burst

John

Reaction score
Welcome in Phantom, that's what's cool about Epi talk, if you need answers these guys are right in the middle of it. Exactly why I stick around.

BGood

Reaction score
Was there such a trc, apart from the Japanese and Elite Black Beauty ? If not, should we see bottom screw holes ?

.jpg

Davis Sharp

Reaction score

Phantom0917

Reaction score
Hey...back again and sorry for asking another "fake" Epiphone Custom Pro question. Does anybody have input on the authenticity of this particular guitar on Ebay? The other one I was getting ready to pull the trigger apparently got sold. Below is an abbreviated link as system won't let me include full link.
Thanks Mike

Last edited:

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Hey...back again and sorry for asking another "fake" Epiphone Custom Pro question. Does anybody have input on the authenticity of this particular guitar on Ebay? The other one I was getting ready to pull the trigger apparently got sold. Below is an abbreviated link as system won't let me include full link.

Ebay ... /itm/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-PRO-Electric-Guitar-Silver-Burst-Ltd-Ed-Hard-Case/382785785878?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thanks Mike

Copy the link
In your Epi-talk comment, highlight eBay or Epiphone Custom Pro
Click on the link icon
Paste the link

upload_2019-2-15_11-6-16.png

Latest posts