They are starting to go now...

• Thread starter Steven Westberg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
I just received word that a guy I have known since I was 13 passed away yesterday. I’m 66. Plus another old time guitar player I know was just diagnosed with prostate cancer! WTF???
It seems like after 45 life literally goes down an incline and starts picking up speed like a shit show crazy train.
C55A6301-9EF2-44C0-91AE-211806F77586.jpeg

grinwer

Reaction score
Everyone who lived before us died.
And we know about this from childhood, but in our youth it does not bother us. Ha ha ha (.
This is how this world works. But we will be born again. There is no end to it.

Last edited:

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
Everyone who lived before us died.
And we know about this from childhood, but in our youth it does not bother us. Ha ha ha (.
This is how this world works. But we will be born again. There is no end to it.
I know. There is still eternity out there but this guy was atheist. :-(

The Convert

Reaction score
One of the sadder things I’ve also experienced getting older is that new friends aren’t always around too long. And the old ones pass on too. It’s hard to feel like you’re lucky when you lose so much.

Otto99

Reaction score
I hated it when my surf and beach buddy in Florida died, as he was alone. He apparently had a heart attack, but no one knew it. I got suspicious when our email discussion of Star Trek: Picard abruptly ended, and phone calls weren’t answered. For George to not have an opinion on things Star Trek was highly irregular. Call people, text them, message on social media, stay in touch, tell them you love them. You never know when you won’t be able to again.

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
I hated it when my surf and beach buddy in Florida died, as he was alone. He apparently had a heart attack, but no one knew it. I got suspicious when our email discussion of Star Trek: Picard abruptly ended, and phone calls weren’t answered. For George to not have an opinion on things Star Trek was highly irregular. Call people, text them, message on social media, stay in touch, tell them you love them. You never know when you won’t be able to again.
Thanks. That is what I will do.

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
I lost a friend that way too. He was in terrible health and just didn’t get up one day. He was gone with a coronary from eating poorly.
He was a couple years younger than me but I called him Uncle Albert, after the McCartney tune. Al liked butter pies! I called him “Mijo” Spanish for “my son”. He called me “Mija” Spanish for “my daughter”! Hahahahahahahaha.

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
One of the sadder things I’ve also experienced getting older is that new friends aren’t always around too long. And the old ones pass on too. It’s hard to feel like you’re lucky when you lose so much.
I know. This guy I had a bone to pick with for 40 years because he forged my signature on a 1966 Ford Mustang b model and stole it and then sold it for way less than it was worth.in retrospect I would have rather been friends than antagonists.
His name was Gene. Sleep well Geno!

Otto99

Reaction score
Add the days flying by. Remember when summer was a forever paradise between school years? Now I wake up at 7ish, make coffee, and bam, it’s 10 am. Then next thing I know it’s time to make the evening meal. Sigh.

grinwer

Reaction score
The irony is that we learn to love by losing loved ones.
And it stays with us. Our experience.
If we think that life is one, then only tragedy and pain.
But if death is not the end of the story, then there is already more meaning and optimism.

Latest posts