Tonepros Bridge for 2010 Korean Epiphone Les Paul Standard

• Thread starter Kostas Kritsilas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to replace the bridge on my 2010 Korean Les Paul Standard. Can anybody confirm that the correct Tonepros bridge is the T3BT?

Kostas

Old Woody

Reaction score
As I just found out, its actually a 2001 MIK Les Paul.

Grats on the MIK Les Paul I have had GAS for the limited edition Slash model that was MIK since I played one back in the early 2000's but every time I find one I get beat to the punch or have a covid situation pop up. Let us know how much of an improvement the tonepros is over the stock.

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
Its in transit as we speak. I'm not hoping for anything massive, just some improvement along with not being so prone to falling off. The wider intonation range will also be good.

GraphX12

Reaction score
Please report back on the fitment.
I replaced my '99 MIK G-400 bridge with the Tone Pros T3BT-N and it was a direct drop-in on the stock posts. Vast improvement, no more rattling wire and better intonation.

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
Ran into a snag, they shipped a nickel bridge (Tonepros T3BT-N) instead of the Chtome one I ordered (Tonepros T3BT-C).....and more waiting ensues.

Anybody notice that shipping is taking a lot longer tha it used to?

GraphX12

Reaction score
Haven’t ordered any guitar items for a while, but when I found my local stores were out of fishing line and told they have no idea when they will get more in due to the virus, I had to resort to ordering online from a major fishing retailer. I was a little worried when I saw the bright red warning on their website stating there would be a delay in shipping.

My order arrived in 2 days - standard shipping???

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
I live in Canada, so shipping from the US is 1-3 weeks usually. This one, which is going back, took 6.

Last edited:

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
Just thought I would report back on the TonePros Bridge and Stop Tailpiece, that finally arrived in the correct chrome finish.

The difference between the original Epiphone Bridge and Stop Talipiece was evident from the time I opened the packaging. The TonePros Stop Tailpiece is noticeably heavier, and the TonePros Bridge is a Nashville type, not the ABR type. This eliminated the need to flip the 3 bridge saddles around on the bridge and allowed for wider intonation adjustment. Having the grub screws meant the Tonepros Bridge and Stop Tailpiece wouldn't be falling off anymore. In terms of appearance, the chrome plating of the TonePros is noticeably better than the Epiphone original parts, but that may have to do with their age as much as the quality of the Tonepros plating. The Tonepros Bridge and Stop Tailpiece basically just dropped in.

Acoustically, the guitar (2001 Epiphone Standard Les Paul) feels more "alive", in that the string vibrations are felt much more strongly in the body and neck of the guitar. The guitar sounds louder when played without plugging in.

Plugged in, the guitar sounds more focused, with better separation among the higher notes, and overall clarity is improved somewhat, although not a night and day difference. The lower end notes seems to be somewhat louder, and also better defined/focused. I do not believe that there is increased volume in the higher notes as there is in the lower notes, but because they are better focused, they do stand out more.

Overall, I think that this is a good improvement to the sound of the guitar. Just in terms of the mechanical solidity of the guitar, the Tonepros parts are worth the cost that I paid; the tonal improvement is just gravy.

Last edited:

Latest posts