Trombone ? Nahhh ... new guitar and amp day.

• Thread starter BGood
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Nice score BGood, anything south of $500 would be a deal, if you got both for the price of the 57s, you've won the Score of the Year Award.
As for changing the guts between the amps, I don't know about alignment, but it should'nt be too hard to modify.
You could always add a switched jack for an extension cab.

Congrats on the dirty new T+, Enjoy!

PeterOeh

Reaction score
Mom says kid doesn't want to play guitar anymore, he wants to try trombone.
Me says, good idea kid ! I'll take the guitar off your hands, I don't like trombone anyway.

So I got this Sapphire LP 60's Tribute Plus F serial, with Epi hard case ... and a small Vox VT20+ amp. All barely played, but filthy. All for less than the price of the Gibson USA 57's Classic set in the guitar.

Not a bad deal ...

By the way, F313481 serial. Watzit say about it ?
oooh ya.. congratz..

NoBucks

Reaction score
Nope, that's the conversation I had with the mom when I got there. She posted it and 20 minutes later I was on the case. Drove 1h15 to get there.

This is the add content that got me hooked for the drive:
Hardly used. Son decided to change instruments
By then I knew I wanted it, but asked for what the amp was anyway, and she sent me these.
I don't need to tell you I exceeded the speed limit a few times on my way there.

EDIT - Oh yeah, that's my first hard case. I think I'll keep that too.

Thanks for the additional details! Again, great score!

John

Reaction score
Its sucks he doesn't want to play guitar anymore but thumbs up for wanting to stay with music and picked the trombone.

BGood

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I'm stoked !

It cleans up real nice. Frets needed a good polishing. Fretboard oiled. Body cleaned.

I'm tempted to bring down the luster on the poly, no relicing here, just get it more satiny, give it a little class. Scotch Brite should do that well. Anybody went that way ? I usually do it on all my necks and it comes out great.

BGood

Reaction score
Its sucks he doesn't want to play guitar anymore but thumbs up for wanting to stay with music and picked the trombone.
Maybe if they had bought him a lighter guitar to start with, like a Special LP or even a SG, the skinny kid might have enjoyed it more. That thing is heavy.

NoBucks

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I'm stoked !

It cleans up real nice. Frets needed a good polishing. Fretboard oiled. Body cleaned.

I'm tempted to bring down the luster on the poly, no relicing here, just get it more satiny, give it a little class. Scotch Brite should do that well. Anybody went that way ? I usually do it on all my necks and it comes out great.

I'd hate to see that go South, but I think a light hand, and throw in some lemon oil, and then rub it with a cloth diaper...Better to go soft first, because once you go too far in sanding or polishing wood, well, then, you've gone too far.

BGood

Reaction score
I think it'd be hard to go too far by hand, on poly.

Probably next string change. I will have had time to make my mind about it.

IGRocker

Reaction score
Very, very nice.

A boy choosing trombone instead of guitar? There must be some really hot girls in the high school marching band.:)

... or at band camp.
448e29cf55d7a9403cca98da77e54654.jpg

I stuck a flute in my.... uh, never mind. Mmmm, pie.

TheKurdtz

Reaction score
@BGood how would you go about turning that poly coat in a more satinny one? would it work on a semi-hollow too?

BGood

Reaction score
Something in that line of thoughts. Why wouldn't it work on a semi-hollow ?

BGood

Reaction score
Fret 13 is high, can't get a low action. I successfully did some leveling on other guitars, but I'm kind of weary for this one ... I never had a luthier do a setup on one of my guitars. This could be the first one, if only to see what they can do better than I.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Fret 13 is high, can't get a low action. I successfully did some leveling on other guitars, but I'm kind of weary for this one ... I never had a luthier do a setup on one of my guitars. This could be the first one, if only to see what they can do better than I.
Besides keep your workbench clean and give you time for something else? :cheers:

Parabar

Reaction score
Chicago, Blood Sweat & Tears, Tower of Power, Cold Blood, the Crusaders, the Loading Zone, Boz Scaggs, Azteca, Malo

Every one of 'em had horn sections with trombones. SOMEBODY's gotta play 'em!

Latest posts