TV karma

• Thread starter Otto99
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
One problem with modern flat panel TV’s is speakers!

The current set has no room for speakers on the skinny frame and has them at the back and using them, the audio is muffled!

That caused us to go out and buy as soundbar system so we could hear it clearly. Something to watch out for.

Raiyn

Reaction score
One problem with modern flat panel TV’s is speakers!

The current set has no room for speakers on the skinny frame and has them at the back and using them, the audio is muffled!

That caused us to go out and buy as soundbar system so we could hear it clearly. Something to watch out for.
I've had 5.1 surround sound since back when we had a tube TV. As long as my source has either optical or coax audio, I'm cool. We haven't popped for a HDMI ready receiver, but I've got it sorted anyway.

Otto99

Reaction score
If that's what you think, then why do you still have internet?
kObtuoa.gif
Sleestak!

Digger

Reaction score
Sometimes I swear you guys speak a different language!
(Its alright I looked it up)

Biddlin

Reaction score
The missus is a classic movie fan and I got her a 50" Samsung 4k smart tv. She said something about getting used to the contrast and frame rate, but after a few weeks is very happy with the picture and sound. I watched "Small foot" and it was ok.

Otto99

Reaction score
The Sony is the winner! Set up was a breeze, the picture only needed minor fiddling right out of the box, and the 4K is pretty amazing.

Otto99

Reaction score
What tipped it in favor of the Sony over the Samsung?
1) the picture when seen side by side, 2) the reviews, while not bad, mentioned a lot of things like “I expected more from Samsung” and just a lot of “It’s great, but...” and 3) the fact that I got over 12 years of totally reliable service from the last Sony. That said, if I were completely honest and not caught up in a form of GAS, the 43” 1080i not-smart screen would have probably done just as nicely for half the shekels, but what 4K content I have watched is pretty freakin’ awesome.

Supersonic

Reaction score
I see you are also in Tennessee. Where ‘bouts y’all from?

Pleasant Hill. Just outside of Crossville which is about an hour from Knoxville and an hour and a half from Nashville.

Latest posts