Unofficial Epiphone Wiki Archive ***ONLINE***

RTH

Reaction score
*** These pages are a site rip of the 2016 Unofficial Epiphone Wiki and are no longer able to be updated. ***
This archive has been uploaded to provide continuous access to the information previously contained in the Unofficial Epiphone Guitars Wiki.
All relevant information and links should be present and functional.

This website is intended for educational and research purposes only in helping to accurately identify Epiphone brand guitars of the past and present. The information contained in this website may not be 100% complete or accurate. This website is not affiliated with the Epiphone Company or Gibson Guitar Corporation in any way.

Last edited:

Scubaman

Reaction score
STILL not showing Natural as a colour option for the Les Paul Standard despite making them aware of this on several occasions.

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
U05050164 for my Lester Custom.it was what they called the Midnight model.ive read there was a limited run of these.

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Yep thats what it looked like when i bought it.ive read there was a limited run of these.i had been collecting new hardware for a guitar and when i seen this i knew i found my guitar.it now has Grover aged Nickel Rotomatics,DiMarzio 36th PAFs,Tonepros tailpiece and bridge in aged Nickel,Vintage cloth wiring with CTS 500k pots and Orange Drops.wired 50s style.Switchcraft switch and Jack.and a real Gibby aged nickel input jack plate.i did all the work myself. Its my 59 Epi Lester and it Rocks

Scubaman

Reaction score
Fixed it

and welcome here :wave:

Cool :thumb:

For reference they were made between (AFAIK) August 2008 & March 2009. Seemingly VERY small numbers (from what research I've been able to do it looks like there were only about 50 that came into the UK) and seem to be like rocking horse poo in general.

RTH

Reaction score
It looks like I did add this to the wiki after we discussed it previously, but only as a color option on the Les Paul Standard (not the standard plain top). If there is a reason that this guitar stands on its own and requires a separate entry, let me know; like different pickups, wiring, woods, etc.

Scubaman

Reaction score
My bad if I missed it but I'm certain when I looked (just prior to me posting) Natural wasn't there as a colour option. Also it came with Gold hardware and pickup covers rather than chrome (they did produce a Standard in Natural sometime in the 90's with Chrome hardware and pickups) and a pronounced flame veneer (similar to a Standard Plus Top but was never marketed as such.) The colour is lighter and less amber than the Antique Natural of the Standard Plus Top. Forgot to add that it was a Limited Edition model.

Last edited:

RTH

Reaction score
It was there. I missed it earlier too. So there were two runs of the natural Les Paul? One in the 1990's and one in 2008/2009?

Scubaman

Reaction score
Yep. I don't know much about the 1990's one. I believe it was late 90's, chrome (or nickel) hardware on the old ad I saw. Can't remember if it was flame veneer or plain top though. Also from memory it came with cream pickup rings rather than the black ones of the later version.

Latest posts