UPDATE: Photos of "Fathers Day" LP Standard Goldtop

• Thread starter guitar_199
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitar_199

Reaction score
It has been pointed out here and on other forums that I neglected to come back with pics of the "spoils of that day"... so here I am to rectify that situation!!!!!

The case, by the way, did not come with it. It was in such good shape to my eyes, I felt compelled to by a new "Epiphone" branded case for it just to have a complete set!!!!

The only thing is.... I haven't had it on my amp yet. The day of purchase he had a battery powered amp that worked well enough for me to know that the whole things work. So I KNOW it works.

The only "itch" I have is..... I really like the look of the "tulip/keystone" tuners on an LP and this one doesn't have them. I am aware that replacement button sets are sold... but am afraid that they might be the "green" colored ones that seem to come from Asia most of the time and I think that would be a major "tell". That... and the replacements would have a screw hole. So I just don't know if it is worth doing.

But, here it is.... warts and all !!!!!!!!!

Bob

Attachments

• EpiGoldtop_Upload_1.png
    EpiGoldtop_Upload_1.png
    350.4 KB · Views: 19
  • EpiGoldtop_Upload_2.png
    EpiGoldtop_Upload_2.png
    387.6 KB · Views: 18
  • EpiGoldtop_Upload_3.jpg
    EpiGoldtop_Upload_3.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 19
  • EpiGoldtop_Upload_4.png
    EpiGoldtop_Upload_4.png
    555 KB · Views: 18

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
It has been pointed out here and on other forums that I neglected to come back with pics of the "spoils of that day"... so here I am to rectify that situation!!!!!

The case, by the way, did not come with it. It was in such good shape to my eyes, I felt compelled to by a new "Epiphone" branded case for it just to have a complete set!!!!

The only thing is.... I haven't had it on my amp yet. The day of purchase he had a battery powered amp that worked well enough for me to know that the whole things work. So I KNOW it works.

The only "itch" I have is..... I really like the look of the "tulip/keystone" tuners on an LP and this one doesn't have them. I am aware that replacement button sets are sold... but am afraid that they might be the "green" colored ones that seem to come from Asia most of the time and I think that would be a major "tell". That... and the replacements would have a screw hole. So I just don't know if it is worth doing.

But, here it is.... warts and all !!!!!!!!!

Bob

Your guitar looks like it has Grover tuners. If that's the case, Grover sells extra buttons that are metallic tulips (I think they call them "keystone" buttons).

Furthermore, Hipshot has a whole range of replacement buttons that also fit Grover tuners. If I remember well, among them, there are see-through cream-colored buttons.

Last edited:

guitar_199

Reaction score
Your guitar looks like it has Grover tuners. If that's the case, Grover sells extra buttons that are metallic tulips (I think they call them "keystone" buttons).

Furthermore, Hipshot has a whole range of replacement buttons that also fit Grover tuners. If I remember well, among them, there are see-through cream-colored buttons.
Thanks for that info. I'll have to look them up.

IF YOU KNOW.... do they have a screw that holds it on? Or are they "pressed on"?

guitar_199

Reaction score
Me too!
View attachment 26100
BTW I have a couple of Gibson blister packs of tulip machines.
They’re greenish too!
View attachment 26101
THANK YOU for that!!!!!! Kind of surprises me but........ surprises are good.

IF YOU KNOW..... If I wanted to take the Grover Rotomatics off and put on "these" or Grovert Deluxes.....

a) would I need an adapter bushing, and if so
b) does somebody make one that will do the job?

Thanks again!

Equalphone

Reaction score
THANK YOU for that!!!!!! Kind of surprises me but........ surprises are good.

IF YOU KNOW..... If I wanted to take the Grover Rotomatics off and put on "these" or Grovert Deluxes.....

a) would I need an adapter bushing, and if so
b) does somebody make one that will do the job?

Thanks again!

The holes for the deluxe type Gibson tuners will not match up with the holes for the Grovers you have now. It’s not a neat job.

Getting buttons for the Grovers will be a better upgrade in my opinion.

Rusty Chops

Reaction score
I keep the Gibson blister pack machines around for US to US swaps.
No problem in that application, but Epiphone conversions require different dimensions, adaptations, parts, drilling, etc.

Robb

Reaction score
Sweet one, just love gold tops !

Latest posts