Walmart invades!

• Thread starter Darkness
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Otto99

Reaction score
Before shrieking like fishwives at the admins, they only control what we say and do, not what the corporate owners of the platform want us to see so they can monetize our little conversation pit. I suspect that this forum is a part of a larger site grouping, using a lot of the same architecture as many, many others. This costs money, so they sell ads across the platform to cover the cost. Now, I never see these Walmart ads, or any others for that matter, as I’m looking at it on an iPad using Safari, so more of a laptop scenario. No ad blockers in place, none of it, I’ll look on the phone to see if my mileage may vary.

Darkness

Reaction score
I'm going to try the forum using Duckduckgo instead of chrome and see if it's better. If not I'll try an add blocker

Equalphone

Reaction score
On my iPhone, using Safari instead of Firefox eliminates it. I'm guessing Safari blocks it as a "pop up". It's "pop up layer" rather than a "pop up window" and Firefox doesn't seem to block the former.

I don't like Safari as a browser. Unfortunately, Firefox is barebones on the IOS platform. Blockers are harder to find for FFox and most are a type I'm not fond of. So, I may use Safari and just grit my already worn teeth.

Oddly, it's not showing on all the sister sites. Some, not all.

Last edited:

Darkness

Reaction score
Trying this site on DuckDuckGo browser. It is blocking the wallyworld and every time I change tabs it tells me a lot of bad guys are after me.

Mike Hickey

Reaction score
Besides being a pain in the ass it's just a stupid ad. Like I just saw it pop up so I'm gonna run out and go to Walmart. What a ghetto operation. Just by chance I have been there in at least a year and now I'm going to actually purposely avoid the dump.

WoundUp

Reaction score
I emailed someone at Enthused Digital directly yesterday morning and its gone today. I attached about 10 screenshots of it covering most of my screen and it has finally stopped.

THANK YOU! Can't begin to describe how grateful I am for this! Woohooooo! Same at Everything SG. It's no longer a problem there, either.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Bad enough that Corporation in America own the laws, media and Government.... yet they want to continue to "swim in our soup" !!!!
Here in the US, we don't have to read a "Dickens Novel", we just walk put that door and I see people live it .

Latest posts