We Can Talk Sports Here.....

• Thread starter soulman969
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
No worries ! It was just a purely rhetorical question, lol!
I did not expect anyone to guess that I was taking you to a fan zone, lol ! But I thought it might be fun for you to see how people who don't have tickets can experience the Games.
And that particular monument is only very locally known, so I thought it was worth showing because it's a bit different!

By the way, I've never been to Colorado, Utah, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, etc either. and, of course, I'd love to. 😉

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
Here, the biggest topic at the moment is the lack of animal proteins such as meat and eggs at the Olympic Village's restaurant. Apparently, the company which runs that restaurant thought that a lot of athletes would appreciate more vegetarian dishes based on plant-based proteins such as beans, lentils and locally-produced plants. The company and the Games' organizing committee wanted to make an effort to reduce their carbon footprint and think about animal welfare.

I can understand that but my gut feeling tells me that another reason could be that it's cheaper. The price of red meat and fish here has either doubled or tripled (depending on what you buy) since the covid pandemic. Poultry and eggs are a bit cheaper.

Anyway, poor athletes ! This is such a shame! I really hope things will improve quickly.

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
Antoine Dupont (rugby 7), said it happened during the first two days, then à lot of chicken, meat and eggs were delivered to the olympic village.
Let's hope everything has been sorted out! 🤞

Digger

Reaction score
I can’t believe that this far into the olympics Australia are still in 3rd place! With China and the US above us you have to consider the respective populations and talent pool.
I think it’s our best ever games!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
No worries ! It was just a purely rhetorical question, lol!
I did not expect anyone to guess that I was taking you to a fan zone, lol ! But I thought it might be fun for you to see how people who don't have tickets can experience the Games.
And that particular monument is only very locally known, so I thought it was worth showing because it's a bit different!

By the way, I've never been to Colorado, Utah, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, etc either. and, of course, I'd love to. 😉
You come to Colorado and I will show as many mountains as you care to see. As for my post I was only saying that never having been to France I can't identify some of the sites but I surely enjoy the photos.

The screen saver on my laptop rotates through all kinds of sites around the world and some of those I've enjoyed most are of Germany, Frances vineyards and seacoast, and Swiss mountain villages.

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
Thanks! I would be thrilled to go to Colorado and to have you as my guide! :D
I've been to Germany as well (it was fantastic!), but never to Switzerland. I've heard it's really beautiful!

Maguchi

Reaction score
Final day of the Olympics and the USA edges back into 1st place in medals. Australia drops to 4th or 5th depending on if you're counting gold medals or total medals. And Japan moves into 3rd in the gold medal count.

16_9-4-2 (1).png

ni9zpanox2kixacl6por.jpg

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
I've watched both basketball finals with the USA! They were both wonderful! By the way, Stephen Curry and LeBron James are not from this planet! 🤩

Latest posts