What are those sellers smoking ?

• Thread starter Paruwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darkness

Reaction score
It's possible that some of these overpriced guitars are owned by married men, married men who's wives tell them, "you have too many guitars, sell some of them so I can buy more shoes" married man says, "I don't want to sell off my guitars" so married man says "what if I put them up for sale but listed them so ridulously high that no one would buy them, then I could keep them forever",....I know that's what I'd do if someone in my house tried to force me to split up my extended guitar family so she could buy more shoes.
That's brilliant!

jtees4

Reaction score
It's possible that some of these overpriced guitars are owned by married men, married men who's wives tell them, "you have too many guitars, sell some of them so I can buy more shoes" married man says, "I don't want to sell off my guitars" so married man says "what if I put them up for sale but listed them so ridulously high that no one would buy them, then I could keep them forever",....I know that's what I'd do if someone in my house tried to force me to split up my extended guitar family so she could buy more shoes.
OR married man tells the wife he is buying another guitar and will sell one for more money than the one he is buying. A month later...."this economy sucks, people don't have any money, I'll keep trying babe".

Paulbf70

Reaction score
The problem with most sellers are that they have a LP style guitar or a guitar that says Epiphone on it or for what ever reason, and they think they are worth loads of money, I really don't know where they get their prices from, I have been looking for a viola bass, I have found a guy is selling 1 but after looking on the web I can buy a brand new 1 for about £10 or £11 more, some people just need to take there heads out from the clouds and get real.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
A guy on Reverb, had an black Epiphone LPC for sale , with no electronics, tail piece, tuning keys, no pickups or case .... he wanted $ 500.00 , not counting shipping.
Messaged the guy and he would budge, two weeks ago.

Now, he's bugging me with messages 😒.

Is it a newer one or a pre-inspired one? In any case, $500 seems pretty steep

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
A guy on Reverb, had an black Epiphone LPC for sale , with no electronics, tail piece, tuning keys, no pickups or case .... he wanted $ 500.00 , not counting shipping.
Messaged the guy and he would budge, two weeks ago.

Now, he's bugging me with messages 😒.
I got another massage from the seller of that Epiphone, now he wants only $ 490.00 USD .

I told him, " Dream on Bullwinkle ".

Paulbf70

Reaction score
I got another massage from the seller of that Epiphone, now he wants only $ 490.00 USD .

I told him, " Dream on Bullwinkle ".
Omg I paid £220 for a LP custom, it just needed a good glean and a set of strings, it sounds awesome now, but by the sounds of it people are worse where you are and I thought it was just people over here who take the p*#s

Playforfun

Reaction score
Ok now y’all just calm down. I happen to have one of those tv yellow epi specials even has a custom shop ltd edition sticker on it. Let me know who he sells it to and I’ll see if they want another. Lol

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
With a source like Reverb's sold listings there really no excuse for anyone pricing a piece of gear outside of the market unless they're too lazy to do their own research. In that case either it sits unsold for months or even years or it sells in an hour because they've under priced it significantly.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
View attachment 18820

if you think it can't get worse....

View attachment 18821
Omigod......that's a topper in the realm of hoping for a bigger sucker than I. Hoping that guitar will ever be worth more than that is being an even bigger fool than believing it's worth even half that much.

Maybe prices for collectable Gibson's and Fender's have gotten so ridiculous sellers are looking to create collectables out of other lines.

Latest posts