What constitutes the 150€ price jump from the Muse model to the Modern solid colour models?

• Thread starter NickK98
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NickK98

Reaction score
New guy to Epiphone here! So, I was looking at this new line from Epi and the two guitars that stood out to me were the Moderns and the Muse models. I have a budget of around 700€ and looking for an LP (Joe Bonamassa is my favorite guitarist).

When it comes to differences, the Modern has locking tuners while the Muse does not. The Modern has a heel cut for easier access to higher frets, the Muse doesn't have one but does have a belly cut. Both are weight relieved by the same method If I'm not mistaken. The pickups are different, I think the Modern has Epiphone's take on the BurstBuckers and the Muse has their take on the 57 Classics (??), and both have coil splitting and treble-bleed capabilities. Now the biggest difference I saw was that the Muse models are made from wood named Okoume which I haven't seen on a guitar before.

I mostly play blues (modern blues and British Peter Green type ), rock (most iterations of it, some prog-rock too) and some heavy metal (classic and newer stuff). My plan was to either spend all of my budget to get the burgundy Modern, which I fancied the most out all the new Epi's, or get the cheaper Muse and spend the rest on a Scarlett Solo and some new headphones.

So my two questions are:
1. Why the 150€ price jump between the two?
2. Is the Modern worth it in terms of blues/rock/metal over the Muse?

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Hi,
Welcome here @ €piTalk
:wave:

Where in Europe are you located ?

The Modern has an Ebony fretboard....

have you looked for a Tribute+ ?
AFAIK they can be found for less than € 700 here in Europe
EpiWeb_Tribute800x620.jpg

even a look at used MiJ SingleCuts would be another option
those FGN guitars are basicly improved Elitist models

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FGN-LS-10-...011500?hash=item2f3e7f94ec:g:YbIAAOSwaSheOUOd

they sell for ~ €1300-1400 new (without case)

Last edited:

NickK98

Reaction score
Tribute Plus was the original plan but then the new line got announced and I thought I'd wait a bit. Really liking the new headstock too. :D Do you think the Tribute is worth it better than the new stuff?? I know they have the Gibson 57's in them but they hyped the new lineup's production quality and thought I'd wait and see.

Didn't know ebony fretboards are more expensive than rosewood or maple options, that's interesting... don't they bulk buy those woods anyways? At that point, the price between them shouldn't really matter to the company, If I'm not wrong.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Photobucket does NOT play well with others they don't allow hotlinking. You have to be creative.

Weird. I copied/pasted the image, not the URL, and it looked good when I posted my reply. I guess there's a delay in obscuring the image?

Latest posts