What guitar brands do you have enough of, as in you aren't going to buy any more of them? And, which ones are you now considering.

• Thread starter 3bolt79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Kerr

Reaction score
I’ve come to realize I’m really an Epi/Gibby guy. Some of my earliest memories are of my Grandpa playing his 59 Gibson acoustic (which I have now) and that’s always put Gibson at the top for me. And I just always seem to prefer how they feel and look. And my taste aesthetically is a lot more old school / traditional. I have a pretty well rounded mix of Epiphones and Gibsons in my collection. All the main levels of Les Pauls, (except a ‘61 LP SG) 335, 355, and a Sheraton, an SG, and Grandpas Gibson acoustic. One day I’ll have a Gibson R9. But until then my Epiphone’59 will do just fine. 😏

I’d say I probably won’t be buying any Fender / Squier’s anymore. I have a Squier Tele that’s at my Dads. Plays fine and it’s got all high end electronics. I just don’t like it. Same with a Strat that my nephew is using. I hate everything about the layout of Strats. And I have a Squier Jazzmaster my wife bought me. So I’ll always keep that. I have my two Partscaster Tele’s that I built and they’re good. But beyond that, I just have yet to play a Fender or Fender design that I really like. I really think it’s the narrower necks they seem to always have and the control layouts just don’t ever feel right.

I have been eyeballing Danelectro and Gretsch lately.

I have a 5410t Rat Rod that’s great. Very unique sound and it feels great. But I’ve been looking at one of the p90 equipped 5210ts. I need to find one or more locally to play and see how I like the feel. And I don’t really use trems in my playing. But a Gretsch without a Bigsby just seems wrong 😉
IMG_7226.jpeg

For Danelectro, I’ve been thinking about trying my hand at an electric 12 string. I had a 12 string acoustic for a while. I ended up rarely playing it so I sold it. But I’m not really into acoustics to begin with. I played one of these half beautiful half obnoxious things at a local shop a couple of months ago and it kind of got me thinking.

IMG_7229.jpeg

3bolt79

Reaction score
I have enough (too many) guitars period. My guitar buying days are done for good. In fact I have given away about a dozen so so and a few amps in the past couple years.
I have an injury in one of the tendons on my left thumb. For now, the thin U neck on the double jet and the P90 jet are the only guitars I can play comfortably. I can't play my classical at all right now.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I’ve come to realize I’m really an Epi/Gibby guy. Some of my earliest memories are of my Grandpa playing his 59 Gibson acoustic (which I have now) and that’s always put Gibson at the top for me. And I just always seem to prefer how they feel and look. And my taste aesthetically is a lot more old school / traditional. I have a pretty well rounded mix of Epiphones and Gibsons in my collection. All the main levels of Les Pauls, (except a ‘61 LP SG) 335, 355, and a Sheraton, an SG, and Grandpas Gibson acoustic. One day I’ll have a Gibson R9. But until then my Epiphone’59 will do just fine. 😏

I’d say I probably won’t be buying any Fender / Squier’s anymore. I have a Squier Tele that’s at my Dads. Plays fine and it’s got all high end electronics. I just don’t like it. Same with a Strat that my nephew is using. I hate everything about the layout of Strats. And I have a Squier Jazzmaster my wife bought me. So I’ll always keep that. I have my two Partscaster Tele’s that I built and they’re good. But beyond that, I just have yet to play a Fender or Fender design that I really like. I really think it’s the narrower necks they seem to always have and the control layouts just don’t ever feel right.

I have a 5410t Rat Rod that’s great. Very unique sound and it feels great. But I’ve been looking at one of the p90 equipped 5210ts. I need to find one or more locally to play and see how I like the feel. And I don’t really use trems in my playing. But a Gretsch without a Bigsby just seems wrong 😉
View attachment 25615

For Danelectro, I’ve been thinking about trying my hand at an electric 12 string. I had a 12 string acoustic for a while. I ended up rarely playing it so I sold it. But I’m not really into acoustics to begin with. I played one of these half beautiful half obnoxious things at a local shop a couple of months ago and it kind of got me thinking.

View attachment 25616

View attachment 25615

View attachment 25616
If they made a 12 string Longhorn, I'd be there.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I've re-started my guitar buying fetish around 2007/08 when I've got my first €piphone, a BB.King Lucille, followed by many other €pis and Squiers, even one Gibson, two Fenders and some others.

I've had around 20 €pis over the years, currently just two
and I've had 11 Squiers, currently just one

Around 2014 when I was hunting for an €pi Elitist LP-Custom on the used market I've discovered Fujigens own brand FGN.
I've bought the 'photo-model' from thomann unseen (for less than €1000) and it was an 'eye-opener'
for me....
since then I've bought 20 of them, currently 11 and a FujiGen made CoolZ Strat in the stable.

I was (and still am) overwhelmed by the 'total package' offered by FGN and so I've started a facebook-group nearly 4 years ago to get in contact with other like-minded people. Meanwhile we're more than 2000 members from around the globe, including people from 'inside' Fujigen.
Ks2On4U.png

Last June I had the luck to meet the Fujigen founders eldest son (Shoji Yokouchi) personally while he and his family made a trip to Europe.
NFaicWo.jpg

I was given a very special gift,
handsigned from the 96 year old FujiGen founder Yuichiro Yokouchi
M6Lv130.jpg

wLPufW3.jpg

We will meet again in Spring/Summer 2025 when he and some classmates make a trip to Germany
and
another year later, when I'm retired I will visit him in Matsumoto, to get a personal factory-tour.

Currently I own more guitars / amps I've ever dreamed of - and the hunting and buying has been harder and has slowed down, though not ended.....

OObIubh.gif

the 'Made in Japan' crew

yanUl1T.gif

the 'Made in Asia' crew

I know there are two other 'girls from the land of the rising sun' waiting for me to pick them up from the FujiGen founder family collection in less than two years....

deZz65D.jpg

the black 'History' LesPaul and the 'Fujigen' Masterfield prototype

Last edited:

Jon Kerr

Reaction score
I've re-started my guitar buying fetish around 2007/08 when I've got my first €piphone,
a BB.King Lucille, followed by many other €pis and Squiers, even one Gibson, two Fenders and some others.

I've had around 20 €pis over the years, currently just two
and I've had 11 Squiers, currently just one

Around 2014 when I was hunting for an €pi Elitist LP-Custom on the used market I've discovered
Fujigens own brand FGN.
I've bought the 'photo-model' from thomann unseen (for less than €1000) and it was an 'eye-opener'
for me....
since then I've bought 20 of them, currently 11 and a FujiGen made CoolZ Strat in the stable.

I was (and still am) overwhelmed by the 'total package' offered by FGN and so I've started a facebook-group nearly 4 years ago to get in contact with other like-minded people. Meanwhile we're more than 2000 members from around the globe, including people from 'inside' Fujigen.
Ks2On4U.png

Last June I had the luck to meet the Fujigen founders eldest son (Shoji Yokouchi) personally while he and his family made a trip to Europe.
NFaicWo.jpg

I was given a very special gift,
handsigned from the 96 year old FujiGen founder Yuichiro Yokouchi
M6Lv130.jpg

wLPufW3.jpg

We will meet again in Spring/Summer 2025 when he and some classmates make a trip to Germany
and
another year later, when I'm retired I will visit him in Matsumoto, to get a personal factory-tour.

Currently I own more guitars / amps I've ever dreamed of - and the hunting and buying has been harder and has slowed down, though not ended.....

OObIubh.gif

the 'Made in Japan' crew

yanUl1T.gif

the 'Made in Asia' crew

I know there are two other 'girls from the land of the rising sun' waiting for me to pick them up from the FujiGen founder family collection in less than two years....

deZz65D.jpg

the black 'History' LesPaul and the 'Fujigen' Masterfield prototype
That is so cool that you got to meet them and have built a relationship. I’ll have to look into FGN. Do you know if they’re readily available in the States?

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Do you know if they’re readily available in the States?

Thanks !

They have their own online-shop

sadly not much in stock right now

AFAIK they just do around 110-130 guitars a day, that's probably less then some big competitors 'mass-producing custom-shop' pulls out...

some big japanese shops offer them on reverb, too

Last edited:

Jon Kerr

Reaction score
Thanks !

They have their own online-shop

sadly not much in stock right now

AFAIK they just do around 110-130 guitars a day, that's probably less then some big competitors 'mass-producing custom-shop' pulls out...

some big japanese shops offer them on reverb, too
Cool. I’ve bookmarked them and I’ll keep an eye open.

Just a quick Reverb search and damn. Some good stuff. If my current budget hadn’t been spent I’d have to think about this thing. Metallic red LP Custom! Oh hell yes!

IMG_7232.jpeg

Latest posts