What's The Last Concert You Went To?

• Thread starter Supersonic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Supersonic

Reaction score
I saw Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville on July 2nd. Great place with lots of history. The show was amazing. Of course the first thing I did was look at all his gear lol. From what I saw he played:

Gibson ES-355 w/ Bigsby
2 Teles made by Burns Guitars
Gibson J-150
Martin D-28

Amps I could see were a couple of Fender Blues Juniors ran through vertical 2x12 Hiwatt cabs and I think a Custom 50 Hiwatt combo too. He was using an attenuator with the amps mic'd. Everything sounded perfect. I wanted to look at his pedal board but couldn't get past security :D

The only bad part was that beers were $9 a piece :shock:

Alty

Reaction score
leeds_2014-line-up_final.jpg

2014 - The most memorable band of the weekend were the Augustines, never seen Bombay Bicycle Club before and thoroughly enjoyable, we tend to take a more relaxed listen when we go to this festival and don't go just for the headliners....and the assisted vibe helps.

2016 - This is next in a few weeks. On the list are: Foals, got to see the Chili Peppers and maybe Fall Out Boy as they are really good live and the crowd really get going, it's all good.

Reading_Leeds_April_Update.jpg

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Paul Simon at an AARP (for non-US members, that's American Association of Retired Persons) convention. My brother-in-law was in town for the convention. He had tickets to the concert but didn't want to go, so he gave the tickets to my wife and me. B-I-L's is not a retiree, he works for a company provides some AARP health insurance programs. The seats were in corporate sponsor section - center stage and 10 rows away. Simon came with a small band, about 5 or 6 members, but the covered all the important songs quite well. Afterwards, Simon left the stage but some of the band members stayed to chat with audience members.

Supersonic

Reaction score
I saw Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville on July 2nd. Great place with lots of history. The show was amazing. Of course the first thing I did was look at all his gear lol. From what I saw he played:

Gibson ES-355 w/ Bigsby
Gibson J-150
Martin D-28

Amps I could see were a couple of Fender Blues Juniors ran through vertical 2x12 Hiwatt cabs and I think a Custom 50 Hiwatt combo too. He was using an attenuator with the amps mic'd. Everything sounded perfect. I wanted to look at his pedal board but couldn't get past security :D

I forgot the obligatory pic.

noel%20ryman_zpsjo95jjwu.jpg

Reaction score
Been thirty years but I seen Garth Brooks in his prime also saw weird Al, and the Monkeys after they learned to play, the best was weird Al Yankovich he put on a hell of a show and his back up band was awesome.....

John Ezell

Reaction score

Gibson ES-355 w/ Bigsby
Gibson J-150
Martin D-28

But the Ryman is such a beautiful place. I've been there a few times. 9 dollars for a beer might be worth it just for the sound of th place.

Supersonic

Reaction score
But the Ryman is such a beautiful place. I've been there a few times. 9 dollars for a beer might be worth it just for the sound of th place.

Oh it was totally worth it. My brother and I bought 3 IPAs a piece before we went to our seats. There's an expression down here, "there are no bad seats in the Ryman".

Latest posts