Where’s Lancpudin?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I have a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store shop just 10 minutes away and I've found some real bargains there. I used to find the same at a Goodwill Thrift Store in Englewood when I lived there.

I'm amazed at the top shelf brands of clothing people donate that are either unworn or virtually unworn. Golf shirts and Polo Shirts that retail for $40 and more sell for $5. Slacks and jeans sell for $5-$10 that would also sell for $40 and more. I've even found bargains on shoes and boots. I'm not too proud to bargain shop at a thrift store.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I'm looking online for a pair of joggers as some of mine has seen better days, The only trouble is they are mostly skinny fit sizes & only regular fit leg size, I'm lanky with a 86cm/34" inside leg. the search continues.
I'm seeing lots of Christmas stuff popping up in my feeds :shock:WTH! it's September.

I mowed the lawns again yesterday to get as much cut grass on the compost piles before Winter as I can, then started clearing out the other greenhouse. There are still some ripe red bell peppers & chillies in there.
I grew some Jalapenos just to see how they'd do here & I didn't expect them to do so well with the poor weather we've had but lots of ripe ones.
I don't know what I'm going to do with them, as they're too spicy hot for me & none of my family eats chillies. I'll have to ask a neighbour if they want them.

WUA05NVl.jpg

DJpePFxl.jpg

hhdM6v6l.jpg

Digger

Reaction score
I worked on a blocking section of self seeded wattles and eucalypts that were damaged in wild winds recently. A few trees had fallen on a raised garden bed in front of the house and I had helper Shawn working there Tuesday. I currently have piles of branches and tree stump sections waiting to move to a burn pile down the paddock, but there was still a lot of cleaning up to be done where they fell.

Yesterday I brushcut long grass that had grown behind the retaining wall, and cleared it away. Then I drowned the area with a mix of Roundup and Brushoff. There was an outbreak of blackberry behind there which got particular attention as I’m hot of keeping it out of here.

Neighbour Joe had run a hot wire through the mess attached to a solar energiser so he could run his cows in an extra area but wires were hitting branches and long grass and shorting out, useless in other words! I took the opportunity of cutting away anything that was going to come close to contacting and put a couple of extra pickets in to keep the wire up, making home made insulators as all mine went when the shed burned. Not worth buying a packet of 20 when you only need 2. I still have one small tree falling over which might impact the wire in the future, which I'll cut out today. Then it's all got to be moved down the paddock for burning later, after being cut up first.

Since I stopped taking CBD I’ve been having trouble with PTSD again. It’s not good and I have to do something about it. Tried to get an emergency appt with my GP but like all doctors here there is a long wait, but I need to go on anti-depressants again. In the meantime I started meditating again yesteray. I use meditation techniques every day but need a deeper longer meditaion that I haven’t had to do for years. I’ve forgotten a lot of the techniques and they will have to be relearned. Managed about 20 minutes yesterday.

Footnote: If somebody sends you an invitation to a war, send it back!

Otto99

Reaction score
I have a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store shop just 10 minutes away and I've found some real bargains there. I used to find the same at a Goodwill Thrift Store in Englewood when I lived there.

I'm amazed at the top shelf brands of clothing people donate that are either unworn or virtually unworn. Golf shirts and Polo Shirts that retail for $40 and more sell for $5. Slacks and jeans sell for $5-$10 that would also sell for $40 and more. I've even found bargains on shoes and boots. I'm not too proud to bargain shop at a thrift store.
I hit the Goodwill store when I’m looking for a specific style of sport coat or sweater for winter, and while there browse the other stuff. I’m not pleased with how little Goodwill pays out to it!’s supposed charity outreach, and the CEO makes a shit ton in salary a year, but a stylish Armani jacket for $15 is hard to pass up, and my moral outrage really crumbles hard when I find something like that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I hit the Goodwill store when I’m looking for a specific style of sport coat or sweater for winter, and while there browse the other stuff. I’m not pleased with how little Goodwill pays out to it!’s supposed charity outreach, and the CEO makes a shit ton in salary a year, but a stylish Armani jacket for $15 is hard to pass up, and my moral outrage really crumbles hard when I find something like that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds like the guy who ran the charity shop in town my missus worked at as a volunteer, She said he was asked a few times by some people which charity he supported but never gave them a direct answer, Likewise I got my fair share of first dibs on good t-shirts etc though.
:thumb:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Same here. I've had enough unpleasant experiences with Goodwill to say that I am no fan of theirs either. Glad to have a Habitat for Humanity store in the neighborhood now.

Latest posts