Where are you?

• Thread starter Darkness
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darkness

Reaction score
I noticed a few of you are in Australia, a few type like you're from the UK. I'm curious, where are you living? Where are you from?

I'm from California :wave:

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
The Kraut-Rocker is from Germany
somewhere in the middle of the triangle Nürnberg-Frankfurt-Stuttgart

where beer is brewed after the purity-law for more than 500years
and close to where the real beergirls are living....
640903434_ddcc6c100f_b.jpg

Darkness

Reaction score
@Paruwi I do love a beer girl. I hope to visit Germany some day, some of my ancestry leads me there. For now the closest I can get is a local brewery specializing in German style beer.

Have you seen the movie Oktoberfest? I'm curious of it is historically accurate at all. Pretty good movie.

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
The Kraut-Rocker is from Germany
somewhere in the middle of the triangle Nürnberg-Frankfurt-Stuttgart

where beer is brewed after the purity-law for more than 500years
and close to where the real beergirls are living....
640903434_ddcc6c100f_b.jpg
Wow! She's got a split in her bib fer shur! For some reason I'm suddenly really thirsty. I wonder if they'd all like to come over & try my homebrew???

"Over" being north-central Illinois; grew up in the Appalachian corner of Ohio, came to IL for college, and been the upper end of the state (but east, west, and central at various times) for pretty much the whole 47 years since - first school, then friends, then work, then a girl.........

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Maryland suburb of Washington, DC. It's called Germantown, but there are no beer purity laws or Biermädchen. The place was named by travelers who bought supplies at a general store run by German immigrants.

Not to be confused with Germantown, Tennessee/California/Connecticut/Ohio/etc/usw

upload_2021-8-4_16-42-25.png

Raiyn

Reaction score
I currently reside in St. Petersburg, FL

Personally, I consider myself an ex-pat Minnesotan. (read: Not a Floridian) I changed my (on paper) residency in the mid 90's for tax purposes, as I was based in SC at the time. I then chased a rather large pair of owls down here. Never caught them, but eventually met SWMBO and the rest is history.

Most of you also know I've been scheming to get us the Fadd9 out of here for years.

Darkness

Reaction score
(read: Not Florida Man)
Fixed it for ya.

I've only been to Jacksonville and only for a week but I liked Florida from that trip. I grew up in the desert of Southern California so all the greenery and trees in Florida was nice.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Fixed it for ya.

I've only been to Jacksonville and only for a week but I liked Florida from that trip. I grew up in the desert of Southern California so all the greenery and trees in Florida was nice.
Eh, I enjoyed the club scene when I lived there, but outside of that, it was a bit too Lynryd to my Neil.
I was there for a year or so (that time period is rather extremely fuzzy) when a case of wanderlust took over and I figured I'd move over to the Bay area "for a while".

Fun was had, places were been at, things were done etc. I was just about to pack it in again and head for parts elsewhere when I encountered SWMBO. She hooked me like a prize walleye...

All the best things I've experienced in the last 22 years (as well as some of the worst) have been with her at my side, so a dude abides.

Otto99

Reaction score
I’m in Memphis, grew up in western Kentucky, lived a while in North Dakota (hated it) and Cocoa Beach, Florida (loved it.) Moved back to Kentucky, met Bride 2.0, and 20 years ago jobs brought us to Memphis.

Latest posts