Who was the oldest person you ever knew??

• Thread starter Steven Westberg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
My paternal grandmother was just a month short of her 100th birthday and my ex's grandmother was 102 when she passed.

My Pop just turned a ripe old 96 and we're pushing him to beat grandma's record.

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
My paternal grandmother was just a month short of her 100th birthday and my ex's grandmother was 102 when she passed.

My Pop just turned a ripe old 96 and we're pushing him to beat grandma's record.
Isnt amazing to th8nk of all the changes since they were born? My ma is 89. So 1932 onward into this century!

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Isnt amazing to th8nk of all the changes since they were born? My ma is 89. So 1932 onward into this century!

Aw hell, it's amazing to think of all of the changes since I've been born. Some change I can embrace wholeheartedly and other stuff not so much. But it's what hasn't changed that annoys me most.

Time marches on whether we like it or not.

Otto99

Reaction score
Just read a news story from West Kentucky, where I grew up, about the original and still somewhat active owner of the drive in movie near my hometown - one of the oldest still active in the US - turned 110 today.

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
Just read a news story from West Kentucky, where I grew up, about the original and still somewhat active owner of the drive in movie near my hometown - one of the oldest still active in the US - turned 110 today.

Good Lord! That is ancient! I worked drive ins as a projection tech. It’s a hard job. Harder than walk-ins because folks bring their cars and all the wierd destructive stuff they carry around, like hammers and guns and swords! Then they get drunk and destroy the property!!

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
I'm 56, my Mother had me when she was 44 years old, my Father was 45 .
My Father's Father lived to be a 107, when he was a baby, he was born when the Comanche Tribes was in shambles and trying to live a traditional life of roaming around in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma and Southern Kansas .... He was raised on Reservation in Lawton , OK.
They were restricted on the Rez until 1924 and granted American Citizenship that same year.
He served in WW 1 in the Navy and was a Merchant Marine delivering Miltary goods to the U.K. during WW2 .

Last edited:

Latest posts