Win a Lee Malia Les Paul Artisan

• Thread starter cybermgk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Cid

Reaction score
I actually traded that Duff Bass straight up for a Gibson Historic '57 Les Paul Junior in tv yellow. I then sold the junior for $1500 and used the proceeds to by 3 Epiphone Elitists!! (Plus top for $650, SG for $450 and Studio for $375). That is what I call a grand prize! I just have to smile any time I think about how I stole that Studio... :D
You my man, did mighty well with your wheelin' and dealin' :applause:

RTH

Reaction score
Agreed! Though I might have found it difficult to part with the TV-Yellow Junior.

Kong

Reaction score
Agreed! Though I might have found it difficult to part with the TV-Yellow Junior.

Yeah I hear ya, the Junior was pretty sweet, I only have one pic of it, I must have deleted the rest. I was actually shocked that the guy did the trade. He was a bass player, I think the Duff basses were going for $1,000 new. The bass that I won was signed, came with a signed copy of his Duff's, the entire Duff and GnR CD Catalog and a signed poster. I traded it all for the Junior and still thought the guy was nuts to make the trade.

7eaf5c90-da4b-4619-8ac0-de19edc345e2_zpsf089e298.jpg

I think the Elitists are ever bit as good as Gibson even better than some models. I'd definitely make the same choice again. I didn't know I was going to get such killer deals on my Elitist collection. I sold the Junior to buy the plus top, and the SG and Studio came along shortly after.

RTH

Reaction score
He must have really liked G-n-R! I would have unloaded that bass fairly quickly as well...and I'm primarily a bass player. Cant beat three Elitists though. You made the right decision. :thumb:

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya, the Junior was pretty sweet, I only have one pic of it, I must have deleted the rest. I was actually shocked that the guy did the trade. He was a bass player, I think the Duff basses were going for $1,000 new. The bass that I won was signed, came with a signed copy of his Duff's, the entire Duff and GnR CD Catalog and a signed poster. I traded it all for the Junior and still thought the guy was nuts to make the trade.

7eaf5c90-da4b-4619-8ac0-de19edc345e2_zpsf089e298.jpg

I think the Elitists are ever bit as good as Gibson even better than some models. I'd definitely make the same choice again. I didn't know I was going to get such killer deals on my Elitist collection. I sold the Junior to buy the plus top, and the SG and Studio came along shortly after.

Nice Elitist Plus. The thing I like about them is the figuring is kind of understated. To me that's more of an authentic vintage look rather than some of the insane patterns found nowadays.

Kong

Reaction score
Nice Elitist Plus. The thing I like about them is the figuring is kind of understated. To me that's more of an authentic vintage look rather than some of the insane patterns found nowadays.

Yeah thanks, it really is nice, I have yet to get a picture of it that really captures what I see in real life. I sold off my one and only P90 guitar and the proceeds funded all 3 Elitists with $25 left over.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Yeah thanks, it really is nice, I have yet to get a picture of it that really captures what I see in real life. I sold off my one and only P90 guitar and the proceeds funded all 3 Elitists with $25 left over.
I know what you mean. I've tried & tried to get some decent pics of mine and it's just not possible. In the flesh, the figuring just dances when you move the guitar. In pics it looks dull & lifeless.:dunno:

Latest posts