Black Paisley....

wildeman

Reaction score
That Tele style looks great, basswood body too. Not familiar with that brand but they seem pretty inexpensive.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
12970993_1116115068428105_7405305809299681173_o.jpg

IGRocker

Reaction score
S E X Y guitars ! These are beautiful. They're yours yet IG ?

Ha! I don't have no stinkin' single coils! Especially with that big fat "F" on the head stock! :lol:

Ignore the P90 in my parts bin........ Lol

BGood

Reaction score
Ha! I don't have no stinkin' single coils! Especially with that big fat "F" on the head stock! :lol:

Ignore the P90 in my parts bin........ Lol
Those hidden P90s gotta get installed and played. If you hate them that much, send them to me, I'll give 'em tender love.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I so very nearly bought one of those Harley Benton Paisley Telecasters, If the £ hadn't tanked I would have. I bought when the exchange rate was very favourable between the £ & €uro. I cant fault Thomann's service, It's excellent.:)
I own five of their guitars which are very good instruments in their own right.:thumb:
two telecasters.
electric 12 string.
shorty P bass.
Mandolin.

UwKjLAQl.jpg

Mu4wY7Hl.jpg

NhWcDrCl.jpg

BdwIZZBl.jpg

eS.G.

Reaction score
Lancpudn,
Johnny Goo and I have been drooling over the HB Ricki clone......... can you please give me (us) a review

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Lancpudn,
Johnny Goo and I have been drooling over the HB Ricki clone......... can you please give me (us) a review

I love this thing, I always wanted a Rickenbacker but the price of them over here would mean I'd have to sell a kidney & as I'm quite attached to it I thought Nah! :D This Harley Benton RB-612 classic series "Ricki clone" is all the jangle I ever wanted & surpassed my expectation of it when it arrived.

I might add it took no longer than four days to reach my doorstep (Germany to the UK) for the princely sum of €10/£8 :shock: as with all the other guitars from them, superb service, I think it's only €25/30 P+P to the USA.

It's put together very well indeed, the fit & finish is amazing. There were no issues with it whatsoever, I think the only thing I did to it was lower the action a tad with the four bridge screws.

I bought a 12 string nut cut the same as Rickenbacker 12 string guitar & a set of Ricki strings but after having it over 12 months I'm still enjoying the jangle sound just as it is stock.

I was expecting it to be the full size Rickenbacker for some reason! It must be I'm just used to seeing that size of Rickenbacker on videos.:dunno: I think this model is based on the Rickenbacker 660 model! I may be wrong. I took a pic (below) of it next to my Epi les paul to compare the sizes.

The pickups are really quite good (Artec mini humbuckers) I cant compare them to Ricki pickups as I've never owned/played one. They give up a nice clear tone & I'm happy with them & have no plans on changing anything internally, It just sounds like an electric guitar should sound IMO:cool:.

I should imagine the pots/wiring aren't of the highest quality at this price, I think I paid around £165 delivered. The pickguard material is pretty thin but then again it wouldn't be too difficult to change.

the mahogany body & rosewood fretboard are very good, I've had No tuning issues with it at all. the frets are well made with no sharp ends. there is a bit of neck droop as expected with a headstock full of tuners but it's not that noticeable.

I'm more than happy with this 12 string & think out of all the budget electric 12 strings around in this price range this one is really good.....Did I mention it's jangle heaven! :thumb: yardbirds/beatles/hollies it's all there.:)

veujV0cl.jpg

iOJEp19l.jpg

haVhfEzl.jpg

MQhh5czl.jpg

I did a few vids of it on youtube messing around with different tones.

eS.G.

Reaction score
CRAP!........... Now I want one more than ever!!!

I am also curios about the Tele semi hollow---- and have you ever played owned one of their PRS copies????
\

NICE BASS!!!!! Dude--- your a video star!!!

Well done!

Lancpudn

Reaction score
CRAP!........... Now I want one more than ever!!!

I am also curios about the Tele semi hollow---- and have you ever played owned one of their PRS copies????
\

NICE BASS!!!!! Dude--- your a video star!!!

Well done!

Thanks:thumb: The red Tele hollow is probably my favourite Harley Benton guitar. It plays & sounds beautiful, It's very well made & those Wilkinson P90 style pickups really sing & can handle pretty much all genres of music.

I haven't tried one of their PRS copies, I almost bought one but chose the 'Prince wild cat' copy guitar. the Harley Benton shorty P bass was a return to Thomann because of transit damage, it had a few scratches on top of the headstock & i bought it for recording as a shortscale fits my needs sat at the computer desk. they class them as 'DEKO' instruments & sell them cheap for repair only. mine was perfect except for the scratches on the headstock & cost a whopping £26 delivered to my door :shock::thumb:

They stamp a little letter 'D' in the back of the body & neck to denote that's it's a damaged instrument.

eoksmRYl.jpg

I did a few vids of the red semi hollow telecaster.

eS.G.

Reaction score
SO.....how do i find these "DEKO" guitars on their site/.......... I could SERIOUSLY enjoy that .......I buy low end damaged stuff all the time........and fix it up.......I am drooling.......

Lancpudn

Reaction score
SO.....how do i find these "DEKO" guitars on their site/.......... I could SERIOUSLY enjoy that .......I buy low end damaged stuff all the time........and fix it up.......I am drooling.......

On Thomann's online site type in Harley Benton then electric guitars (if that's what you're looking for) then in the top left there's a box 'search item' type deko into that & a list of 'deko' guitars will appear, the site usually detects which country you are in but they have different deals for different countries, in the top right you will see your countries flag, click on that & a host of other countries flags open up. click on one & look at the deko deals there:thumb:

They list them as 'decoration' not for playing, it could mean anything from a dead pot to a scratch to a returned instrument.
both the 'P' shorty bass & the mandolin I bought are 'deko' and they had minimal scratches, I cant find anything wrong with the mandolin :dunno:

You've got to be quick though, they go fast.

I might just get another Bass guitar to play with, I just missed out on this J bass.

These are a few of what you've just missed LOL.:D

Harley Benton JB-75 NA Vintage Serie Deko €39 £33.84
1 Rating
331438_deko.jpg

• 331438_deko.jpg
  • detailview-mediagallery-ico-clapperboard.png
Decoration, Harley Benton JB-75 NA Vintage Series Decoration NOT for playing - just for decoration - e-bass, j-style, american ash body, bolt on maple neck with thomann rosewood, maple fretboard with black binding, black block inlays, 20 frets, 38mm nut width, long scale 864mm, double action trussrod, 2x wilkinson alnico JB style single coil pickups, electronic 2volume and 1tonecontrol, deluxe chrome hardware, classic PB-style tuners, finish natural high thomann gloss, Decoration without warranty, without money back

Related products
Harley Benton PB-20 BK Standard Seri Deko
thomann
item is sold out
€23.90
(1722) Harley Benton Valuestrings 010

Available immediately
€1.49 thomann
(1536) Harley Benton Valuestrings 009

Available immediately
€1.49
Harley Benton HB-35 CH thomann Vintage Serie Deko