Climate Emergency

• Thread starter Stuart
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlanWalker

Reaction score
It's scary to think that we might only have 5-7 years to turn things around, but at least we're talking about it and trying to figure out solutions.

Charles Carter

Reaction score
I see the Dooms Day Clock has just been put forward 10 seconds, to 90 seconds to midnight. The closest we've ever been.

A group of scientists and thinkers have also said they believe mankind has a 50/50 chance of making it to the end of this century.
Cheerful stuff!

BGood

Reaction score
We "could" do it. We saw that in 2020-2021 with the pandemic. But we won't ...

Some say we're in a car heading for a brick wall at 100 mph. Nope. Tried that, didn't work. We smashed the bridge guardrail and we're plunging toward the bottom of the canyon.

I have never been less worried about getting old.

Digger

Reaction score
I see the Dooms Day Clock has just been put forward 10 seconds, to 90 seconds to midnight. The closest we've ever been.

A group of scientists and thinkers have also said they believe mankind has a 50/50 chance of making it to the end of this century.
Cheerful stuff!
It’s all the methane released from Kiwis thats the big problem and I mean the bird, not you lot. I suppose some of the blame can also be born by drop bears digesting their victims?

Hey I’m not going to be here by the end of the century anyway, probably not even the decade.

My dog contributes to the greenhouse gasses a bit but it’s not her fault! Besides she’s too darn cute to growl at~

Lancpudn

Reaction score
It’s all the methane released from Kiwis thats the big problem and I mean the bird, not you lot. I suppose some of the blame can also be born by drop bears digesting their victims?

Hey I’m not going to be here by the end of the century anyway, probably not even the decade.

My dog contributes to the greenhouse gasses a bit but it’s not her fault! Besides she’s too darn cute to growl at~

Hey Aussies to the rescue!!!! :thumb: The Britishvolt battery company collapsed last week & the Australian Recharge company stepped in & is set to buy it :applause:

Jaguar had a big interest in this Britishvolt battery factory as they're going all electric by 2024 & Landrover will follow in 2030. I would have thought TATA motors Jaguars owners would have stepped in to save it & create thousands of well paid jobs but I've just read that they're looking in Europe to build a battery factory there,:frown: The Brexit that keeps on giving :facepalm:

Digger

Reaction score
My darling wife was senior female at Lucas Industries (Australasia) here many years ago and was there when Jaguar, Rover, Australia took them over.
She held a senior position with that company for a while and then took a retirement to use to buy this property.

We got to see some good racing when she was there. Cool Jaguar give aways also!

Good to see we’re there to help or mates when needed. Thanks for the link.

Otto99

Reaction score
Jaguar had a big interest in this Britishvolt battery factory as they're going all electric by 2024 & Landrover will follow in 2030. I would have thought TATA motors Jaguars owners would have stepped in to save it & create thousands of well paid jobs but I've just read that they're looking in Europe to build a battery factory there,:frown: The Brexit that keeps on giving :facepalm:
I’ve been seeing a lot of gloom and doom articles concerning Jaguar’s future as a car maker.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
I’ve been seeing a lot of gloom and doom articles concerning Jaguar’s future as a car maker.

Yeah lots of upheaval going on there as they transition over to electric only brand, All current models are to be phased out by 2025 & the XE model discontinued. They said they're moving the Jaguar brand up market to Bentley levels of quality & price.

Raiyn

Reaction score
The Brexit that keeps on giving :facepalm:
OIP.GOzhFz94l52JL71sXeX5JQHaHa

My darling wife was senior female at Lucas Industries (Australasia)
<jokes>
I'm sure it was better in Oz, but the rest of the world got Loose Unsoldered Connections And Splices.

I heard that, at one point, they were going to lobby Parliament to repeal Ohm's Law, but they were met by too much resistance.

Apparently there were a bunch of complaints about Lucas electronics shorting out, so they made the wires longer.

Someone told me that they tried to branch out into Vacuums (Hoovers) in the 70's it was the only Lucas product that didn't suck.

One last tidbit I learned recently: The reason the English drink warm beer - Lucas made refrigerators. It simply became tradition after that.
18d3mwghw9lz4jpg.jpg

</jokes>

Cheers to your wife, sounds like you found a "good 'un".

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
Sad part is, we little pleebs have allowed a Psychopathic Oligarchic Corporate Kleptocracy rule our planet and are allowing them destroy all life, including our own .
They want us dependent on the energy that they only provide, thru their monopolies.
They commit Corporate created inflation / price fixing , allow only over 100 year old technology. Combustible Engines, to take us places and other antiquated technologies.
They caused Depressions, World Wars, Inflation and other World problems .
When we break away from their energy dependency culture, we will not only see environmental change, we will start an new era of prosperity and peace .

Last edited:

Töñə ÇH@$əR

Reaction score
Elsewhere I stated that the best science I had seen forecast 10-12 years before man-made effects on our climate become irreversible...

@Otto99 has suggested that the forecast is more like 5-7 years...

I’m interested in your views on these terrifying forecasts, & what actions we can take to avert this catastrophe...

No politics or religion please, but bring me the science as you find it, & the very best your collective creative minds can offer in terms of workable solutions, both big (societal) & small (individual)...

I don’t mind admitting that I’m scared, but I feel that I just have to do something for my Granddaughter Rosie’s planet :ohno:

View attachment 10546
according to ice core samples in Greenland, the earths been hotter than this before and goes through a series of heating and cooling. its being used as a means to control people and their lives, same as left and right. call me a conspiracy theorist but its elite vs regular ppl. the rich ppl pushing the agenda the most, do the most damage to the environment.

edited

1676460254775.png

Last edited:

Latest posts