CoVid-19 Thread.

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stilwel

Reaction score
Go to Google and search for "covid-19 stats by state" and then select STATISTICS from the left-hand menu.
This is updated daily and shows the raw numbers, not just a smoothed 7-day average.

Here's what we're dealing with in AZ. Thank goodness we're not as bad as Florida, but it still sucks.

upload_2020-7-13_8-51-21.png

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
The high numbers of 'new infected' will show up in the daily death-rate in a few weeks....

an unknown (female) Chancellor recently said:

“You cannot fight the pandemic with lies and disinformation any more than you can fight it with hate or incitement to hatred. Fact-denying populism is being shown its limits."

the pic is from yesterday, though it shows something..
bcdd6e0a-675c-4396-b1f8-86eb01254e54-jpeg.475115

Digger

Reaction score
Kids have been back for a while here Greg and it’s turning into a disaster! One Islamic School alone here has (I think) over 100 infections. Kids don’t understand infection and there was no attempt to maintain distances like the rest of us are doing. I expect that we will be shutting schools again soon. People have to get really serious about fighting this thing before we have any hope of containing it. There are just too many that aren’t taking it seriously enough!

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
an unknown (female) Chancellor recently said:

“You cannot fight the pandemic with lies and disinformation any more than you can fight it with hate or incitement to hatred. Fact-denying populism is being shown its limits."

That made the news here.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
From the 24th July face coverings will be compulsory again in all shops, Cant understand why they're waiting until then when there's over a hundred outbreaks a week here. :dunno:
They seem to be back tracking on a lot of C-19 restriction relaxations.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Someone I know on another forum took a part time job to tide him over as he'd been made redundant, His job was to sit outside the school toilet & only let one pupil in at a time.:shock:

Well, he's looking out for number one... and number two.:)

Seriously though, credit to him for not being too proud to earn a paycheck.

Digger

Reaction score
Last night it was decided that here in Victoria where the outbreak is taking off again that 1000 ADF personnel would supplement police and ambulance services to take some of the pressure off them. ADF members will help with road blocks, one will accompany each ambulance as a second member of the team and so forth. Unfortunately infections are growing at an alarming rate and I fear another total lockdown is in the wind.

Digger

Reaction score
I’m starting to wonder what a post Covid world will look like?

What things will have changed?

Otto99

Reaction score
Went to see the grandkids before they go back to Florida, and noticed a lot more people in Clarksville were masked, as last time I was there I was in an extreme minority. That assuaged some of my concern that I might get confronted by some idiot anti-masker. As I’m sure most of you outside the US are aware, wearing masks has become politicized, along with a staggering amount of misinformation concerning effects on the wearer’s health. My son told me he nor any of his veteran friends know anyone who’s tested positive, and they’re thinking maybe it’s all the inoculations they got in the Army before deploying to Iraq/Afghanistan. And he got another couple of rounds after his stint was up, as the company he worked for sent him back over to work on some aircraft. There may be a little something to that.

SirMilo

Reaction score
The latest and greatest from my neck of the woods:

"Austin Public Health officials on Tuesday issued emergency rules for individuals, construction sites and other work venues that could result in civil lawsuits or fines of up to $2,000 for those who refuse adhere to local orders to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

According to the order, which will remain in place until Nov. 12, people over age 10 are required to wear face coverings when outside of their homes, keep six feet of distance between themselves and others and avoid gathering in groups of 10 or more."

Otto99

Reaction score

Davis Sharp

Reaction score

The CDC publishes "Morbidity and Mortality Weekly." To use an overused term, it is the Bible of epidemiological reporting in the US. Now there will be a lag in including COVID-19 statistics, so it will look like “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” (you know who). The data will now be under the control of the Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, which has a lot more political appointees than the CDC.

Hospitals will now have to use a different reporting system so there will be a lag and it will look like “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” (you know who).

In the meantime, we're winning so much, I'm sick of it.

upload_2020-7-15_20-19-58.png

upload_2020-7-15_20-19-14.png

upload_2020-7-15_20-17-56.png

Latest posts