Epi Double Cut LP Special, Korea?

• Thread starter Equalphone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Equalphone

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this model:

1727065759421.png

I'm trying to get some additional info on it. Right now this photo is as much as I know. It does have the "Gibson" TRC, so I am assuming that it is a Korean made guitar. Looks like a set neck from the photo but I don't have a rear shot.

I can't seem to find much on it. Interested in any info, opinions, experience with them.

Last edited:

Equalphone

Reaction score
Replying to my own post: despite what the seller said that led me astray...after some digging around, this seems to be a Samick made guitar from the late 90's or early 00's. I can't find any evidence that they were made at any other time.

In answer to your thoughts about "just get the serial number and some more photos", I can't get the seller to respond. Been working on that for a couple weeks now.

Still looking for input from anyone who has owned one.

BGood

Reaction score
Yes, I had this '95 for a while. It is a set neck, with a soft C shape if I remember; if it had been a fat C, I would have remembered. When I found it, I was sure I was getting my Holy Grail. t was a good player, but nothing extraordinary.

01.jpg

Since I mostly play sitting, it didn't balance well on the thigh, it wanted to fall backwards. You can see in this montage, how the body waists aren't at the same place. The DC is much forward. Different animals.

SC vs DC.jpg

Didn't have a good amp to appreciate P90s at the time; if I had, I might have kept it.