Epiphone Genesis 249.00!!!!

• Thread starter eS.G.
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
I'd ask if you could get a restock cherry for a straight trade. It can't hurt to call and ask.

Mark

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this was a $199 closeout special. Never going to get that price again, and all Musicians Fiend has remaining are re-stocks at $424. I just don't have the choice to send it back, and at $199 I figure I can swallow a little disappointment and also get to practice my guitar repair skills.

I would call them and see what they'd do for you? I have gotten fantastic deals out of MF just for calling them. If we had PM's here I could give you details (I looked, but I didn't see PM's).

Kong

Reaction score
I have to agree with the above 2 posts. I would call, even though the price was a steal, you ordered a brand new guitar and it should be in brand new condition. I bet they'll work with you if you pick up the phone. I could not live with those flaws, or maybe they would knock a few bucks off if you decide to keep it.

bilbarstow

Reaction score
Well guys, your responses are appreciated, but as per my above comments I have accepted the situation and moved on. I have already begun working on the finish crack in the neck and it is actually coming along nicely. I wicked thin superglue under the finish, then held the finish in place with the point of an x-acto blade until the glue cured. I then went over the crack and "divot" with layers of superglue building it back up to level. In between coats, I used some black lacquer to touch up the missing finish. I have sanded back the superglue with 1000 grit to level with the neck profile. All that is left is to polish it back to gloss using jewelers rouge, but I can't get at that right now because it is out in the barn, and the 6" of snow and 10* temps are keeping me inside today. Soon as I get it prettied up, I'll post an after picture. :wave:

And ... yeah, I know I'll never be able to sell it on to somebody else with a good conscience, so it will be relegated to the role I bought it for in the first place: the beater that I can take on the road with me and NOT worry about.

bilbarstow

Reaction score
If we had PM's here I could give you details (I looked, but I didn't see PM's).
I believe that the PM function here is represented by "Conversations". You can click the member name and start a "conversation" and as long as the member has allowed conversations in their profile, it will send a notification through their registered e-mail address, and a notification will appear in their profile on the site.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I believe that the PM function here is represented by "Conversations". You can click the member name and start a "conversation" and as long as the member has allowed conversations in their profile, it will send a notification through their registered e-mail address, and a notification will appear in their profile on the site.

Yes !

eS.G.

Reaction score
If it plays (and sounds ) as good as the others I have heard.......that is one excellent "beater" ;)

CraigG

Reaction score
Ouch! I'm sorry to see yours has some road rash, but it doesn't look too bad. I got mine set up and it is playing nice. My major complaint is noise. I'm just going to gut it. The pick ups and pots are wired together with little plastic connectors, not soldered. I've got four better quality push/ pulls, new orange drops and Switchcraft switch and jack on the way. I'm going to do a Jimmy Page set up and get some different tones. Let's face it, my T+
does everything the Genesis does, only better. The jury is still out on the Pro-Buckers. I'm going to try them out in the new set up and then judge.

bilbarstow

Reaction score
Craig,

Yeah, one of the first things I did was inspect the control cavity. Not quite the mess that the exterior was, but I've already made up my mind that at some point I'll be doing a harness upgrade. I'm comfortable with that, and it was already factored in to the purchase price. Also not sure I'll keep the ProBuckers but that will be decided another day. I'm gonna live with it for a while before I decide.

Electar

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this was a $199 closeout special. Never going to get that price again, and all Musicians Fiend has remaining are re-stocks at $424. I just don't have the choice to send it back, and at $199 I figure I can swallow a little disappointment and also get to practice my guitar repair skills.

Even at the closeout price, they come with a lifetime warranty, don't they? Since you're the original owner, they'd have to fix all those defects for you, or build you a fresh new one, if they're all out of stock. I'd call Epiphone and inquire.

Latest posts