For Foods Sake!!!

Stuart

Reaction score
Stockpiling Roast Chicken Dinners for the in-laws today, pictured pre & post the gravy, coz we’re hittin’ the road come Saturday week...

F3E12412-8DE1-4E65-8B43-9199E5325F7A.jpeg
9873F60A-BA08-469D-BAC0-8806DF2BDC6E.jpeg

... But following nailing some riff recordings on ‘Mate’ (thanks again to @Digger for that extraordinary generosity) it’s simple Sausages, Mash & Peas for Son Egglette & myself tonight, coz Mrs Eggs is again busy somewhere out on the high seas!

Last edited:

Digger

Reaction score
It seems appropriate that you mention simple tastes and Digger in the same breath!

In saying that “Pot & Parma” night at the Coota pub was a raging success last night and attracted a large crowd. My usual Neptune with lots of succulent seafood topping a tender chicken fillet didn’t disappoint.

Nor did my one pot of Carlton draught mid strength. Its no wonder that Aussie beers are legendary!

Then back to watch the opening round of AFL on a brand new TV, capped off a lovely evening.

Otto99

Reaction score
Nor did my one pot of Carlton draught mid strength. Its no wonder that Aussie beers are legendary!

I only know of Foster’s, and I understand ordering one down there would lead to hooting and jeering. What are some other brands that might make it to these far shores?

Digger

Reaction score
Probably the boutique beers would get around a bit? Great Northern, 4 XXXX might get over there?? Not sure really but the Carlton on tap that I had last night would eclipse anything I drank while overseas last year....by a mile!

I mainly drink lollywater these days, ultra low Coopers Birrell which is sold on the shelf with soft drinks. Its modelled on Carlesburg I think it is and has good full flavoured presentation. I drink that because I want the taste, not the alcohol.

So sorry, I’m not the one to ask these days, but I know what I like!

I almost choked on the first beer I had in Pommieland last year only to find that Fosters was 10X worse! How people could drink that rubbish is beyond me. Its not beer, it’s cats piss! If it wasn’t for Heineken that trip I wouldn’t have been drinking beer. All the local stuff I had in the UK wasn’t to my taste at all.

Draft is so much nicer than bottle IMHO.

Last edited:

Digger

Reaction score
I only know of Foster’s, and I understand ordering one down there would lead to hooting and jeering. What are some other brands that might make it to these far shores?

I’m not even sure you can buy Fosters here now. Its reserved for people that don’t know any better...Grin~

I shudder to think that it might be considered to be representative of what we drink here.

Otto99

Reaction score
I’m not even sure you can buy Fosters here now. Its reserved for people that don’t know any better...Grin~

I shudder to think that it might be considered to be representative of what we drink here.

Well, back during our fascination with Crocodile Dundee and All Things Oz, it was. I tried one once, and was not impressed. When I drink a beer, it’s either a simple lager (Natural Light), a local craft beer from one of the 7 and growing breweries, Guinness, or a mead like thing called Midas Touch. I’m more of a red wine and occasional bourbon guy.

Mongol McPhee

Reaction score
Fosters was my gateway beer when I was a young buck drinking under interpretive age limits! £1.65 a pint in the mid 90’s. Not many pints that cheap! Not good but cheap!!

Digger

Reaction score
I think we must be getting revenge on the world for some reason, not sure why?

Fosters bears no similarity to real Aussie beer whatsoever!

Otto99

Reaction score
We did well at the market today, so 10 ounce beef tenderloin filets, nicely marbled, and baked potatoes with home grown chives and sour creme.

Supersonic

Reaction score
When I drink a beer, it’s either a simple lager (Natural Light), a local craft beer from one of the 7 and growing breweries, Guinness, or a mead like thing called Midas Touch.

One of these things does not belong.

I am most definitely not a beer snob (PBR is my go to) but Natural Light is one that I will not drink. It has almost no taste to me. I haven't bought Natty Light since high school when it was like 11 dollars for a 30 pack. It's so watered down that it takes about that many to get a slight buzz going.

Stuart

Reaction score
Catered for +/- 50 pax for Daughter Egglette’s Baby Shower at Chez H’omelette yesterday... Endless flowing bubbles & one very happy girl were more than adequate compensation for a really busy couple of days :)

... & this signage is staying in place until Bub’s arrival to remind me why I should still get up each day :applause:

F5716221-35EB-4CAF-A770-3916A277D788.jpeg

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
One of these things does not belong.

I am most definitely not a beer snob (PBR is my go to) but Natural Light is one that I will not drink. It has almost no taste to me. I haven't bought Natty Light since high school when it was like 11 dollars for a 30 pack. It's so watered down that it takes about that many to get a slight buzz going.
You'd be dismayed to learn how well Natty Ice sells then - to those who should know better.

Digger

Reaction score
Last night we had happy hour on our friends deck with “nibbles”.

Waggs and I went out in gale force winds (almost) in his new old boat to give it a try and managed to get a feed of black bream. Great perseverance was called for with cold and driving rain and so the fish were even sweeter!

I filleted, skinned and boned them and presented in nibble sized pieces, crumbed and quickly shallow fried. The fish couldn’t be any fresher!

Trish presented a large bowl of luscious garlic prawns and between the two we had special starters last night. Yum!

Otto99

Reaction score
I’m making a frittata, one of our go to’s when we want something lovingly but not complicatedly prepared. The heavy lifting lies in slicing mushrooms and breaking eggs. I got this.

Latest posts